P**sed off

Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry P**sed off

Hi,
It seems when I post any more I am venting. For that I am sorry. I don't know if you remember but last year I went to court against my son. He was ordered to pay me back $1,000. Well in the last year I received $170 and that was in May 06. I went to the court today, and they told me that we have to go back to court for the judge to have a talk with him. Like that is going to do any good. I could use the rest of the money NOW, not in another year.
My exh is my son's lawyer so I know he is behind all of this, just to try to control my life some more. I now have to pay my lawyer to go to court again with me, and to deal with my ex.
:uzi2: this is what I want to do to someone right now. But never would since I don't want to end up in jail.
Thank you for letting me vent. I know things will be better when I go to my meeting later today.
Hugs to all of you
Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Pam,

Darn them anyhow. I would guess that the judge will ultimately assign all court costs to them... it would seem to me that your lawyer could point out the conflict of your exah being counsel for your son... but then again, life isn't fair and I didn't go to law school... so who knows?

I say POOOEY on them both. Let's go see a movie, laugh our butts off and eat lots of popcorn and chocolate. (no calories either)

Hugs

Cats.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cats that sounds great I could use it today. My lawyer will talk to the judge about having my ex taken off the case.
Anvilhead, they stole over $50,000 from me, and I know it will be along time before I see all the money. I am behind on my bills because of what my son and his exagf did to me. So this money was going to pay some of the bills. I have another lawsuit pending for the rest of the money. I try to keep it out of my mind, but it is hard when things like this comes up.
The meeting tonight can't come fast enough, since I do come away with a special kind of peace.
Thank you both of answering me and giving me some more insight on what to do.
Cats, lets get to that movie soon, I like the no calorie part for the chocolate.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Pam))

Just sending over some much needed hugs. I really hope you find some resolve in all of this.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,

This is interesting because I have a daughter that is a lawyer and she cannot handle cases for her immediate family members. It is called "Conflict of Interest"...this is in Washington State so may be different in other states. She gives us advice over the phone and has headed me in the right direction but we have had to hire our own lawyers.

kelsh
Old 10-09-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you do not need that in your life. i am sure you can use the money but is it worth it? does he have to pay your lawyer? i doubt that, so how much will u actually get after paying attorney fees? i would chaulk it up as a loss & a lesson & go on.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

he yPam.. I know how you feel. Tomorrow I send off another bil to my X for the $960 he owes me for the car rental to get home from Montana.... He promised.. and I have it in Email.. and I remind him monthly. He is too stup-id to realize if he just PAYS UP I will go away?

Very aggravating and I will likely never see a dime. You got $170 which is something.. I hope you get the rest but I would not make any cruise reservations based on receiving it!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pam,
It's okay to come here and vent. That's why we are here. Sending you some much needed hugs. ((((((Pam))))))

Lo
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Pam, I am astonished. Has he done this with out remorse?
I was about to say what others have said, that being is it worth the headache and misery just trying to get it. But, in a way, I would be so mad I would make sure that he was forced to pay at least some of it.
The other problem is paying a lawyer over and over.
Then, if he had to pay throught he court, sorta like child support, if he missed a payment, would he be arrested?
I am so sorry you have to go through something like this. But, keep your chin up. Eventually it will get better some how.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Pam))))))))
I hope your meeting was wonderful and it helped to fill you with renewed serenity. HUgs and more hugs
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The meeting was so helpful, since I led the newcombers group. It took my mind off of me and turned it to helping others.
I am not making any plans for the money, since I have no idea when I will get it. I am going to ask that they have to pay the lawyers fees, maybe than my ex will knock off the BS.
My son never said he was sorry, his remarks to me were "I had a problem so get over it" all I really want is for him to say he is sorry and will pay me back so much a month and do it. He has to be held responsible for his actions or he will continue to think it is okay to walk over others like his father does.
Today I am in a good place, what happened yesterday is behind me and I will not think about it again, until the day I go to court.
Thank you all for your support and encouraging words. That is why I love this place.
Hugs to all of you,
Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

pjbs55
Glad you are feeling better today. Like you, I would love to hear those words "I'm sorry" from my daughter. I'm not holding my breath on that one! lol
Sending prayers for peace for you and a good results from the next court date. Stay strong.
Terri
Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((Pam))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry. Sometimes the system works against the person who deserves the most out of it.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Things get ugly and messy enough when going through litigation. Top it off with your ex representing your son against you and it seems to me they are not about to play fair, not now or ever.
Even if you prevail in the case, you may never see the money or have your attorney fees paid by son without continuing to go back to court. Ex represents him for free so there's no sweat for him. You are left to bear the financial and emotional cost...is it really what you want? They are messing with you and I'm sorry it's impacting you so hard.
When AS and his Dad were a team and I was the scapegoat it hurt and I didn't like it. It was what it was and I needed to get on with my own life and detach or stay upset.

I've never heard I'm sorry from AS and I have no expectations of him. None. I gave them up for the sake of my own peace of mind.
Take good care of you.
I wish you well. Hugs.

Last edited by frankie_b; 10-10-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
krhea75

I'm still waiting for payback for a $400 phone bill, and I will be waiting for a long time. The money so many of us have poured into the black hole of addiction could save the world. I say chalk it up to a lesson learned and no more money for the addict. Of course that is easier said than done.
krhea
Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Money is right. Think about this(it's actually quite nauseating...)

all the drug companies making ALOT of money, from Bayer on up; from the reps who peddle the meds; to the doctors who writes the prescription; the pharmacies who fill the orders with the copay; to the treatment clinics who treat our loved ones that are now hooked, to the drug companies who make OTHER drugs to counter the affects of the ORIGINAL drugs, ...and this is the LEGAL side of drugs.

Then, take the illegal drug trade, and the hundreds of millions made from it and the billions that's spent on fighting it each year;

and add up the two together...

If addiction in this country alone were to just vanish in one day, there would be an AWFUL lot of highly paid people without jobs!

OR BETTER YET: pay each US citizen $3 million dollars in yearly increments over the course of a lifetime to STAY clean(3 month check ups required). That would mean a heckuva lot of saved money the country could spend fighting this and other diseases...

..and NO, I'm NOT running in 2008!