Baby steps

Old 10-07-2007, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Baby steps

Hi all
Both my ABF and i are making baby steps, He is in prison and decided that he is going to start going to AA meetings. I have been trying to get out of the house more, and stay off this computer some as i was getting obsessed looking for info about addiction. It got to the point where I was reading the 12 steps for NA and imagining the answers my BF would say, ha imagaine that me trying to do the steps for him, I caught myself and shut off the computer right away. Anyways, Ill take whatever progress i can find. he has to do this for himself and he even said it.. Anyways gonna try to post more often.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are both making progress
Old 10-08-2007, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Graci -

Congratulations on the positive steps!

I can completely relate to the imagining the approach your abf would take to certain steps. I was in a meeting yesterday morning and the topic was the 4th Step - the fearless and moral inventory and I had to slap myself because I was actually drifting off into some fantasyland where I could superimpose my desire to get well onto him and was thinking of all the benefits he would receive in doing this inventory from his childhood to present day.

I caught myself, but I had to laugh because it is the reason I am here or there in the first place- my inability to let others live their own lives and make their own decisions.