hello al, and Hard day for a recovering Codependant!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello al, and Hard day for a recovering Codependant!

My mom, who has ALWAYS lived a ten minute drive from me just moved to Florida. HEr and my step father just left for the drive down from NJ. It is bittersweet for sure, they are very excited, but I am very sad. No more quick visits to see mom..=(

On another note.. HELLO to all of you who remember me! It has been a LONG time. I am doing wonderfully on my own without the XAH. He is still in a residential treatment program that he will be in for a a long time, and I am just enjoying life.

I wanted to let you all know that I think about you still.... even though I rarely post here...

How are you all?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Leah, You sound good and look good judging from your picture. I like that smile on your face. It is hard when we are a distance from our moms. I used to see mine everyday until I was in my late twenties, got married and moved away. It was hard at first, but I got used to it. Sending you some hugs and good to see you posting. Marle
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Leah,
Thanks for stopping in with an update. I'm glad you are doing so well and sorry you're already missing your mom. Hopefully you and she both can do some traveling back and forth to visit. It's always nice to hear from you!

cmc
Old 10-07-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Leah,
I know you will miss your mom being so close to you. I am fortunate to have my kids all living very close to me. BUT, you're not using that pretty head, girl!! This winter, when it's snowing and windy and freezing in NJ, it will be a wonderful time to go visit in Florida!!! I live in New England, and we used to go there a couple times a year before ah left. I really miss that break in the winter. I sure hope you can go, just keep trying to find the positive.
(((leah)))
Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

thank God for cell phones with free long distance! when i moved farther away from my mom I was amazed to find we talked more. I think I valued her more cause I missed her! Its not the same when you need a hug though.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leah - Great to see you! Having your mom move away will be tough, but I agree that the idea of visits to Florida sounds good! My mom moved to Maine when I was around your age...I missed her alot but the communication was still there and the visits were so special.

Glad all is well in your world! Hugs
Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot!

Yes- I AM doing well. Life is good for me right now, and I never used to be able to say that!

It is nice to see familiar 'faces' around here. I will try to pop in more often. I miss the SR family, and unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes and makes it hard to say hello to old friends...

Thanks for the well wishes with my mom leaving. I plan on going down there in february. I have a lot of other family down there already, so I usually go once a year. I will just have to go visit more often now.