hair follicle test...info needed

Old 10-06-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hair follicle test...info needed

Friends,

this is rather complicated so I am putting it in a nutshell. My dil is "considering" taking my son back . They have been in therapy and her job is to devise a plan that would facilitate him coming home. In other words, what would it take for him to be able to come home? She has decided that for her peace of mind she is going to ask that my son do a hair follicle test which will show what has entered his system for 90 days. She asked me the best "brand" to get. She wants to order one online. I know nothing about this. She does not want to go to her doctor at this point.Has ayone ever purchased one online before? I'd appreciate some thoughts..........my thanks in advance..........dixied (p. s. are theyconsidered very reliable?)
Old 10-06-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Scary place she is putting herself, but Amazon sells them. I hope things work out.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I were going to go this route (and I'm not), I'd use one of the anonymous labs. Places where I've gone to have blood work done in the past have had advertisements for them in their waiting rooms.

I've had friends who've purchased the urines tests on-line for their kids and it's failed to show a positive when the kid had confessed and it's shown false positives when they tried it out themselves (or so they said). So I don't think any of them would bring me much comfort or peace.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually I have one sitting in my closet. I never used it because it will only tell me about what has happened in the past, it will not tell me what is going to happen today or what will happen tomorrow. Your dil should consider that there is always a possibility of him relapsing and that what he has done in the last 90 days does not mean he will continue on the same path. Hopefully if she decides to let him come home, she has a strong recovery program of her own. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-06-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All right I do hair for a living and tests of a persons hair will show any meds or drugs taken for the life of the hair. If the hair is an inch long it will only show the last 60 days (possibly) if the hair is 5 inches long it will show about a year. The test will also show medical conditions for the person providing the hair. The tests will be very reliable, depending on the lab that does it. I'm not sure about where you can get the tests done though.
And past performance is no indication of the future............
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We bought one at a store to use on out AD we sent it off an never did get any test results back from them.