so proud of my sister

Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so proud of my sister

She left an abusive boyfriend about 6 weeks ago. Today she mustered up the courage to call and get some help with filing for child support. I'm so proud of her because she has been tremendously scared of doing that.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

She should be proud of herself, that is a big step to stand up for yourself after what some women go through!

My hat goes off to her!!
susan
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I lived with an abusive husband for 5 years and had left him on many occasions. Sitting back and thinking about it now...that was one of the most difficult things I had done in my life. Now, i had left him so many times but always managed to go back and I think that was because I didn't have any type of support system or someone saying...good job and convincing me that I didn't deserve that type of relationship. Please, please, please...keep telling her that this is for the best, that you are behind her 100%...to help her stand strong!!

She has made the first step in the healing process but it is so easy to turn back if you don't have someone close by keeping your head on straight!!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sherry, check with women's shelters also, I know in Canada they offer a lot of help to women in her situation, even if they don't stay at the shelter.

I'm so glad she got out of an abusive situation and that she has wonderful support like you.

Hugs
Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good for her. She will be grateful that she followed through, and grateful I'm sure, for her sister's support.
(((Hugs)))
Cece