decide to think positively about my codie setbacks!

Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

decide to think positively about my codie setbacks!

Okay so I spent 45 minutes on the phone last night with my AS who was trying to convince me that its okay that he smokes pot all the time, and would I please help him pay for a better lawyer? ( maybe one who will get him off of the pot delivery charge?). So I proceeded to try and talk sense to the senseless, and he tried to manipulate me. I then stayed sleepless for 3 more hours. I then got a call from my separated husband, who wanted to cry on my shoulder for a while about his son and why his son doesn't love him.
so I hung up again and went to bed thinking that crap! I haven't learned anything!!! they are still latching on to me and i am letting them drain me emotionally! I Spent most of the day feeling that way, a pretty good pity party. Then... I decided hey! I told my son NO! I didn't get in a screaming match with him. I got off the phone with my husband telling him to call his son not me. So maybe it took me a while but, I got around to what I was supposed to be doing! decide to look at the good not the bad. I am getting too many bruises from beating myself up!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cece, those bruises are not very becoming on you. Stop girl....you are really doing a good job. I think you handled those needy men preeety well. I'm glad you sorted that out.

Keep on Keepin' on..........Lo
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Kick those negative thoughts to the curb. Don't doubt yourself.
You are working your program well. May tonight be more peaceful for you.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cece-

Great share. Thank you. Progress!!! I esp like the part about the bruises we have from beating ourselves up, I never thought of it that way - put a whole spin on how poorly I treat myself.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

"Progress not perfection" and "baby steps" are more than just cute slogans...they are so darn true. I think we codies tend to expect perfection...especially from ourselves. You were awesome...those are great strides! I'm so glad you thought that through and realized how far you have come in such a short time.