Montana Meth

Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Montana Meth

I just saw that since there Meth campaign program launched there Meth problem has gone down 50% in teens and 70% in drug work testing.
I thought that was a good program.

I am curious to see how the Utah one works.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I pray that the truth about meth gets out to kids everywhere or anyone thinking of trying that drug.

I think parents need to be educated also and know what to look for.

Hugs
Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's a special rancher there

Well, I just came on here to post about this! I think I caught the very tail end of an airing on this "Montana Meth Project" last night. I was impressed by it I must say. Here is a link to some info on it, and I want to say this is a reminder of "the power of {one? ;- )

http://www.montanameth.org/About_Us/index.php

The Meth Project was conceived and founded by businessman and Montana rancher, Thomas Siebel. The purpose is to inform potential Meth consumers about the product attributes and actual risks associated with methamphetamine. The goal is to substantially reduce methamphetamine use.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I spent part of the spring in Montana. It's hard to get away from the messages, even if you wanted to. What a brilliant idea.

For all of you who don't think one person's actions matter -- get to know a little about Thomas Siebel. One man started this. I think about those other rich folk who spend their money on twelve jaguars and thousand-dollar cufflinks and I just want to shake 'em.

Off my soapbox and into the kitchen....
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Yea I agree, this was getting big around the time when I started getting off of meth, I found it then and have been following it ever since, it has grown into an amazing effort. I was really happy to see how much it was helping.

Like Ann said I hope the message gets out, If I would have known as much about meth as those commercials or what that campaign shows, I wouldn't have done it.
It reaches out to people like me to, that's what I liked about it also, the ones who want to just try it to lose some weight and get some things done.

The commercials and ads are hard to watch, but so worth it. I have never, and would never have tried heroin, or pcp, etc. because I have all those memories from being told how bad they are burned in. lol, ya'd think that would be enough for me to say no to them all, hu...

The Utah one is a lot different, should be interesting to compare.