A Refreshing Change

Old 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Refreshing Change

Wow, what a refreshing change. My recovering AD took a second job at the mall.
She loves it. She was asked to work in two diferent locations and she agreed to that. Well, there was some conflict with the schedule and she was called to work this evening and missed the call. She worked this morning at the other location and thought that was it for the day. Well, when she saw the missed call she was so upset that she missed going to work. She was worried that she would get fired for not coming in. She kept calling the store until she got ahold of her manager. She apologized for missing the call and not coming in. He told her not to worry that he is pleased with her and her responsibility and she can just come in tomorrow.

Now, I want to tell you that this was a girl that was so irresponsible and could have cared less if she got fired. Better yet, she could have cared less if she had a job.
Now she has two jobs and works in 3 different locations. I am amazed at the change.

By the way the call was on my cell phone. I haven't given in and bought her a phone. I will not do that, and the pound notified Penndot and told them that her truck would be sold. I never got it out of the pound from when it was impounded in June. She never asked me to. Her attorney told her she could get her cell phone back off of the police after her hearing. She told me she didn't even want that phone. She said she doesn't want any of the numbers that are in it. She said her truck, her phone and the things that are in her truck are just bad memories. She said she just wants to let go of that life.

I hope this is her time. I keep myself well grounded, but I sure am enjoying the nice change.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I just get the biggest smile on my face when I read and update like this one!! Thank you for making my night. I'm so happy for you and so proud of your daughter. I'll be keeping you both close in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well it seems like we are hearing a lot of positive updates recently. I am so happy that your daughter is doing so well. Like Loves, it brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart when I hear that she is doing well. Enjoy. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
krhea75

Yes, Lobo! Thank God for these good things.
krhea
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tickles me to death for you and your daughter. Sounds like a positive recovery for both. You should be proud!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Things sound like there going in the right direction. Congratulations to you and your daughter.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For Jen!!!

I am so proud of her. Seems like she is truly trying to turn around.
Prayers and blessing to you both,
susan
Old 10-02-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love hearing this kind of good news too. Good for your daughter and good for you, you are both working a great program of recovery.

Hugs to both of you
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Lobo))

I don't even have words. Just big smiles and happy tears.

B
Old 10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Lobo)))
I needed this this morning.
Thank you
(((Hugs)))
Cece