SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Fabulous "US" Friday (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/133599-fabulous-us-friday.html)

Ann 09-28-2007 06:11 AM

Fabulous "US" Friday

It's Friday and it's a beautiful autumn day here, so I decided to declare today a "Fabulous Us" day...because we ARE absolutely fabulous and deserve an "US" day.

I began my day chasing a garbage truck because I forgot it was pick up day. Do you KNOW what a codie like me with no makeup and bed hair looks like running down the street with 2 bags of garbage in my arms? I LOOKED FABULOUS!!!! :lmao

My day can only get better, and it WILL, because today is the day I am going to do fabulous things for myself.

I will begin at the bank, making a deposit and then withdrawing enough to get my hair cut and styled and maybe just buy myself something fabulous for fall....I love sweaters, so I think that is my goal, to buy a fabulous sweater worthy of my wear. :D

Of course, the sweater will require accessories, maybe some matching pants and a bag and perhaps new shoes and just the right make-up to match the fall colours...okay, I'll start with the sweater.

And maybe a book, either a fabulous new recovery book or a fabulous who-dunnit.

I'll walk my cat, Toby, and enjoy the fabulous fall trees and smell the breeze off the water.

How about you? What fabulous thing will you do for fabulous you today? No matter how your day began (can't be worse than chasing a garbage truck)...you ARE fabulous and can adjust your attitude and make this day all about you. :Wshade

Fabulous Hugs

sherryb1010 09-28-2007 06:25 AM

I've been trying to get the inverted bob haircut for three weeks in a row now. I've been to a mall stylist (big mistake). She chopped it up royally for 25 bucks, so I let it grow for a week. Then last week I paid a salon stylist 45 bucks, and now I have a layer in the back that looks like my two year old took some scissors to the back of my head. So I'm going to a third salon tomorrow for my final attempt at this hair-do.

ladyjane 09-28-2007 06:38 AM

Okay guys, I'm trying today. Today I think I'll give myself a fabulous manicure and if that goes well, a pedicure too.
Trish

frankie_b 09-28-2007 06:39 AM

I have a 17 day trip planned and am leaving in October. I'm getting so excited and received all my trip documents, itinerary etc. in the mail a few days ago.
Today, I plan to take the time to go over them and be joyful in celebration of another of my life's dreams soon to be realized. :dance4:
I've been planning it, reading to learn all I can about my destination and dreaming of it for some time now.

GiveLove 09-28-2007 06:39 AM

Ann,

What a great idea!

Today, thanks to you, I will try to get all of my work done by Noon, so that I can enjoy the remainder of the day outdoors. It's getting on autumn here, which means that very shortly my body will begin, against my will, to get fat and lazy (which is okay...it goes away again in the spring) Today I will plan a long walk with a self-help book on my iPod, so that I can work on staying strong and fit for as long as possible...while listening to someone who is teaching me something useful. I have a Barbara Sher set I can listen to -- I think it's "It's Only Too Late if You Don't Start Now."

A nap would be nice too. Get rid of some of those dark circles

What about the rest of you? Got any great self-care ideas I can steal, er, borrow? :)

Love,
GL

Ann 09-28-2007 06:44 AM

Sherry, third time lucky and I just know you will look fabulous in your new "do". :D

Ladyjane, fabulous nails on hands and feet will make you feel like a new person. Let them pamper you while they manicure and KNOW that you are worth every dab.

Frankie....I'm dying to know where this fabulous trip will take you??? You ARE taking your camera, yes? How about some fabulous new nightwear for lounging around the hotel when you relax after a busy day?

We're looking good, ladies...FABULOUSLY GOOD. :Wgla

Ann 09-28-2007 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by GiveLove (Post 1503527)
What about the rest of you? Got any great self-care ideas I can steal, er, borrow? :)

Love,
GL

Sounds wonderful, how about some fabulous new body lotion to fend off the dry skin of cooler weather? And maybe some fabulous bath oils and bubbles to soak in after your nap?

I'm heading out shortly, but hope others will be along with their fabulous ideas for today...there WILL be a quiz, so no sliding under your desk thinking I can't see you.

:Blind:

parentrecovers 09-28-2007 06:56 AM

i'm gonna spend some time later planting some fall flowers and then have a pumpkin latte from starbucks..

have a fabulous friday! k

cece1960 09-28-2007 07:34 AM

It just so happens I have the weekend off ...from EVERYONE!.
So, perfect timing for a fabulous fall Friday! BUt I may have to bump it to the weekend, OK?
I will begin with shopping...in my closet! I'll pull out all the heavier clothes and see what I can find. I always seem to discover something I forgot I had :)
Then I will turn on some Elton, REAL LOUD and get to work on all the things I've left for cooler days.
Of course, I will end the day with a good hot soak...AHHHHHHHH
Happy Fabulous Friday!

cinderellawkids 09-28-2007 07:46 AM

Yesterday I bought myself flowers. Today Im going to buy a few new smelly candles

prairie 09-28-2007 07:56 AM

Wow Ann thanks. :Val004:

Today is about me. I'm going to make sure I tie up all the loose ends at work so I won't think about it this weekend. I think I'm going to do some shopping today too. Maybe I can sneek out of work early. I've been meaning to colour my hair for weeks now....hmm what if I throw a massage in there. Oh and I know this great chocolate place, sounds like supper to me!

:duck

Elana 09-28-2007 08:05 AM

I am going to be fabulous at a party celebrating 'end of summer" (I prefer to cal it start of Fall) party with my co-workers.. a PicNic this afternoon. I have dresed in Blue jeans and a polo shirt and a BJ Jacket that IS a Liz Wear Jackert and I look Fabulous! I will NOT eat a lot so I will stay looking Fabulous too!

Then I am going home to my fabulous dog and cats and take a short walk and training with said dog and then we are going to go to Dog Training Skool where I will be fabulous (and who could not be in company of such a gorgeous dog!).

If I have the chance I will also take my fabulus cats Oliver and Naughty outside to enjoy the late afternoon sun and chase leaves b4 I go to dog Skool (which is, BTW, really dog trainer skool for me and I will be fabulous? I will let you know what the dog says!).

frankie_b 09-28-2007 08:06 AM

I love this thread.

Happy Fabulous You Friday to all.:Val004:

Barbdee 09-28-2007 08:39 AM

I have one question first....how do you walk a cat? :-) I have 3 dogs and only ONE of them will go for walks (the male). The females just plop down on the porch and refuse to budge an inch. But then they are Chihuahuas, not normally the kind of dog you walk.
As for US day, I'm doing my "roots" and the minute I'm done work (4PM), going out on my fabulous brand new front porch and reading a book. (with my dogs, of course!) Maybe my neighbors will stop teasing me for getting a new porch and never using it!
Oooh....we have a seafood restaurant gift card, so maybe I can talk hubby into going out to dinner with my freshly died roots? That's def a me thing...no cooking, no dishes.....what could possibly be more fabulous? :-) Thx, for stimulating the ideas!
Hugs, Barb

parentrecovers 09-28-2007 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Barbdee (Post 1503729)
I have one question first....how do you walk a cat? :-)

:dunno

mooselips 09-28-2007 09:03 AM

Oh yum...a beautiful day here too!

I'm thinking a walk in the park, and a chat with my H.P. while I'm enjoying the beauty he creates.

Yeppers me and the big guy need a one on one chat today....

I'm also going to try to get my clothes organized.....

Skinny
Medium
Bigger
AND
Dairy (them's real big)

Afraid2Succeed 09-28-2007 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Barbdee (Post 1503729)
I have one question first....how do you walk a cat? :-) I have 3 dogs and only ONE of them will go for walks (the male). The females just plop down on the porch and refuse to budge an inch. But then they are Chihuahuas, not normally the kind of dog you walk.
As for US day, I'm doing my "roots" and the minute I'm done work (4PM), going out on my fabulous brand new front porch and reading a book. (with my dogs, of course!) Maybe my neighbors will stop teasing me for getting a new porch and never using it!
Oooh....we have a seafood restaurant gift card, so maybe I can talk hubby into going out to dinner with my freshly died roots? That's def a me thing...no cooking, no dishes.....what could possibly be more fabulous? :-) Thx, for stimulating the ideas!
Hugs, Barb

Watch this video of walking a cat!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sDv6JHpszNc

and my friend has 3 chihuahuas, 2 long-haired, 1 short-haired, and they loooove walks, but they hate the harnesses. the female short-haired thinks she's a boy and even lifts her leg to pee.

parentrecovers 09-28-2007 09:27 AM

i had heard you could potty train them, but i sure never heard of walking them!

ha!

Ann 09-28-2007 09:47 AM

Afraid.... :twak:

Well, it was kinda cute, lol.

My old Toby is now deaf (although it may be selective hearing, lol) and we live by the water with a small forest on each side...with foxes and skunks and cute animals that would be totally harmless unless provoked...and Toby is a definite provoker.

I leave him off his leash as long as he behaves and even with the leash on he's very happy. We use a walking path that runs along the forest by the water...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7693/img4544qk3.jpg

Well, I didn't buy a sweater because I got drawn like a magnet into a flower shop that had autumn arrangements so treated myself to a bouquet and some scented candles. And I stopped at a bakery and treated myself to lunch AND dessert...chocolate peanut butter gooey something that was gooooooood.

But Toby got his walk and I think I'll spend much of the afternoon reading on my deck while I do laundry. It's warm for this time of year and there's a nice breeze, perfect for reading.

I am loving hearing about your fabulous days...now isn't it nice to just take one day and think about how we can be nice to ourselves?

And those who want to stretch "fabulous" all the way into the weekend...even better!!

I'm taking notes so don't stop now :e094:

Jwife22 09-28-2007 10:00 AM

Ohhhh I wanna play....let see........

Today is busy at work so I am waiting on 5 pm to begin my fabulousness. BUT--I did get a very nice complement from some clients about how much they appreciated how hard I worked on their file!

After work I am going to Lowes to get the final touches for my bathroom (I tiled it and its been out of commission for a loooooooooooogggg time.) Tomorrow I will have my fabulous new bathroom finished! YAHHH! The I plan on going out and buying a couple of fabulous fall shirts for those chilly days to come and maybe a new pair of boots too!

Then hmmm.......Sunday will be my fabulous day to go to the Fresh Market and farmers market and buy all of my meats and veggies (organic and locally grown meat and veggies). yahhh...so much fun!

Maybe I'll bake a cake this weekend! A fresh blackberry cobbler sounds good!

Barbdee 09-28-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Afraid2Succeed (Post 1503800)
Watch this video of walking a cat!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sDv6JHpszNc

and my friend has 3 chihuahuas, 2 long-haired, 1 short-haired, and they loooove walks, but they hate the harnesses. the female short-haired thinks she's a boy and even lifts her leg to pee.

That was hysterical...I'm still laughing! Thing is, it looked just like my female chihuahuas, though I prefer not to "drag" them for a walk and not sure how happy that cat was about being dragged! It was obvious that he/she wasn't hurt in any way, or I wouldn't be laughing.
Maybe it is the harnesses they don't like, but we have many fast cars going up and down our street so even though I know they wouldn't run away from me, I still feel better with that leash on them. (A codie dog-owner?)
BTW, my boy dog, squats to pee...gender crisis occur even in the animal kingdom! :-)
Barb

sherryb1010 09-28-2007 10:56 AM

Yipeee!!!! My bosses wife is gonna fix my butchered hair for free, so I get to use my money for a manicure, lol.

mooselips 09-28-2007 10:59 AM

Have A Wonderful Friday!!!!

Lobo 09-28-2007 11:14 AM

Well, I treated myself to a car wash and some homemade chicken salad at my favorite deli. It's a beautiful fall day here so I am going outside to shine up the car windows and then drive to the country for the week-end. The leaves are starting to change so the fall ride will be scenic. I'm closing up my summer place this week-end. ) : I'll be back on Sunday. Everyone have a fabulous Friday and a great week-end. Thanks Ann.

Hugs..........Lo

BrokenBridges24 09-28-2007 11:33 AM

Fabulous Friday… I am fabulously working but I am fabulously leaving early today!! Then I am heading home to get some of my fabulous house work done so I can have a fabulous evening cuddled with my fabulous DH on the couch and maybe I might even get fabulously LUCKY!!! Tee he :c008:

BUT!! Before then I get to hold on to my 3 yr old Granddaughter who thank god we got a continuance at court a few days ago so we have her for another 6 months!! YA HOO!!! I will enjoy my time with her tonight, hold her tight and watch Sponge Bob with her. Life is grand!

Cute story… Last night she put her hand on mine and said, “when my hands are as big as yours mom mom will I still be your baby?” I said, “When your hands are as big as mine, your feet as big as mine and you’re as tall as me…you will still be my baby.” She kissed me and said, “Good. I love you Mommy.” It was the sweetest thing ever. Sometimes I get frustrated being the fill in Mommy while her real Mom is out doing god knows what but it is moments like this… Which there are many more like this then not…I thank god I have her and we are as close as we are.

Happy Fab Friday! HUGS TO ALL

-Broken :c007:

Barbdee 09-28-2007 12:10 PM

I only have one more question....how can you all think of "laundry" and "housecleaning" as a ME/US fabulous thing? Or fun in any way whatsoever? I have heard many tales told of women who actually enjoy those sort of things, but I'm still a disbeliever. Personally, I think it's a fairy tale made up by a man somewhere :-)
I read once, by Alan Watts, that in the Zen Buddhist way of thinking, it's always the "only dish I will ever wash". Until you get to the next dish, which is also "the only dish I will ever wash". In other words, if you live in the present, there are no future loads of laundry or no future cleaning. But, darn, that is sooooo hard to do or even conceive!
Off to fold a load of laundry now (the only one I ever have to do) and I'm going to pretend it's really, really fun :-)
Barb

BrokenBridges24 09-28-2007 01:17 PM

Fun is what you make it. Laundry, dishes, housecleaning... I turn up the radio dance and sing and have a blast. I do like cleaning. I think no matter what the cure as long as you tell yourself it is fun... it will be. Any ways if I do not do it who will? :)

Tee hee,
Broken

GiveLove 09-28-2007 02:15 PM

I have just invested in a fabulous Future Me's culinary delight.

I had a piece of the garden plot that's been overgrown by dead green bean plants and dandelions, and I just turned it over, fluffed it up, and planted (what will be) 30 heads of garlic. The ultimate low-maintenance vegetable to grow.

Come next summer, it's be roasted garlic, marinara, szechuan, pesto, yum.

Can't wait. Ahhhh.

rahsue 09-28-2007 03:45 PM

well I'm starting my fabulous day alittle late but I think I'll order some hot wings to be delivered and watch the philadelphia phillies win tonight, that should be good. but since I started late I think I'll extend it into tomorrow, is that ok? lol