I Saw A Moose, I Swear I Did

Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
One more, now I'm in a test pattern!

For those who are wondering....Yes, I really am walking on water.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You guys are amazing thanks...it made me smile!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey girls, remember all that talk about Ann and how her main squeeze is ole Mel? Well....take a look for yourself! Notice Mel is smiling.....

Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's a wonderful book Hangin' gave me....and I keep Mel on my nightstand right next to my bed...even Mr. Ann understands, LOL. :andy:
Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

You know, we weren't at the Northern Retreat 2 minutes before we got into the swing of things. One of us would holler, "Hey girls, look over here" and immediately everyone would strike a pose! (Must be prior centerfold experience.)

One recurring theme at the Northern Retreat could be taken right out of the Big Book of AA...."But we are not a glum lot. If newcomers could see no joy or fun in our existence, they wouldn't want it. We insist on enjoying life!"
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

AMEN!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Note there was no shortage of cameras. LOL. That was because we all needed lotsof pictures in case of blackmail.

And yes, I confess, my centerfold days make me pose whenever a camera is present. It wasn't easy being in Farmer's Almanac each month with a staple through my tummy.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Also...hmmmm...I just looked at that photo up close, with my REAL BIG BIFOCALS, and realized there is a murderous plot going on there...IS that YOU, little Miss holding a FORK on CATS???????

(Good golly Miss Molly!)
Yup...I saw all the little angels with their hands folded all polite and sweet...then the feisty redhead....hmmmm, not so angelic all the time is she? lol

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them...what a nice way to spend an evening with friends
Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

We'll be keeping an eye on all the "sharps" next year with that redhead.....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You know, it's a gift of this program that 4 crazy ladies from Georgia, Iowa, Ohio and Ontario Canada could connect, share their heartache, cry together and laugh together and support each other from a distance and become best friends.

When we met "in person" it was as if we had known each other all our lives. I think we could have picked each other out of a crowd.

But most of all, we laughed until it hurt and then laughed some more. We left our troubles on the mainland and just had fun.

For any newcomer who has just arrived, please know that however hard your life is today, there is hope and a better day WILL come soon. No matter what you have been through, you can survive and grow and find that life is as beautiful as sharing laughter with 4 strange ladies on an island in a lake where moose live.

We DO recovery, just like the book says.

Hugs and Love to all my friends in recovery.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Ok, so we kept telling Ann that she did NOT have 3rd eye in the middle of her forehead, but ....well, she insisted. And, bless her heart, I just didn't want to correct her...

Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOLOL, I am TRYING to go to bed, but I am laughing myself awake....besides, I have no clue what you might post.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Night Ann...
Sweet dreams...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

And one more.....a beautiful sunset ending a perfect day and time with my dear, recovery friends. Now that, my dear SR friends, is what life is all about....enjoying life with friends you love. It's possible. It really is. Our lives aren't perfect. We have the same pain and suffering you have. Yet we've come to believe that a power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity and a better way to live.

Yep, that's what it's all about. Taking a good look at ourselves, seeing the part we play in our chaos and then having the courage to change what we can. I just love that because I've come to realize I can't change anyone else. But, with the help of my HP, I sure can change me.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Beautiful, I'm truly blessed to have you all in my life....

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Living in the light

The photos are fun!
At the restaurant Mr Moose :help looks like he'd rather be playing cards with the guys... the man must be a saint I tell ya.

The lady in the orange top with the black purse in the great Canadian outdoors? Oh I get it! She doesn't make a move without her makeup handy!

And where is hangin's famous hoop skirt she flew in on?
Cats, congrats on your initiation into the Cucumber, Bug Zapper and Full Moon cult.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's no purse, lol, that's my camera bag.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And Hangin's hoop skirt is in the boat....it would serve as a wonderful flotation device if we ever fell overboard.

We DID, however, manage to keep Cat's attire from getting stuck in her pantyhose.

I knew we were all crazy when what began as semaphore to signal a boat in distress that help was on the way (via Mr. Moose's marine rescue) and the letters turned into YMCA and 4 dancing village/island people. Good thing Mr. Moose got there quickly, those people may have chosen to stay marooned over getting rescued by 4 Codies in action.

Hangin' in really does need a few dance lessons though, bless her heart...

LOL. Oh don't get me started again today, I have to go to work and can't protect my back.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Living in the light

When you all weren't laughing your tushies off, you were being very good codies lighting candles and praying for all of us here, Right?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Actually we were. We managed to have some "quiet" time each day to share or discuss a reading and tie it all in with our recovery. Being surrounded by nature and all that north lake beauty just made it all so easy to stay "connected".

I have to go to work now. Watch my back, Frankie
Old 09-27-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Gee, Ann, why didn't you post the rest of the story? You know, the point at which I had my right leg perfectly extended, straight up beside my right side, leg touching my right ear? What? You missed that shot????? Well, I never..........

(I'm still in traction from that move.)

And Frankie, OF COURSE we were thinking of y'all the entire time. Well, in between eating, laughing, talking, eating some more, laughing, venturing out to the other island for a picnic, watching the synchronized swimming extravaganza put on by Cats and Moose, doing the YMCA rescue dance for the people stranded on the boat...why sure, y'all were on our minds the entire time.

I'm wondering what those folks on the boat thought of those dancing, middle-aged ladies on shore... . But as recovery has taught me, "Who cares? What other people think of me is none of my business!" Oh gosh, how I've loved learning that tidbit of recovery.

(Uh oh, just read Ann's response. Now who do you believe? I'd say believe her cause she's one of the big kahunas around here. )

Last edited by Hangin' In; 09-27-2007 at 05:50 AM.