Today my journey is to hard!

Old 09-12-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today my journey is to hard!

I am tired of the trip. I am so tired. I am trying to recover, but some days, today the pain is too great.

My mom's little dog died. She's been sick. My mom has metastatic breast cancer and every day she is here is a miracle. My dad will be 70 on Oct 1 and functions w/ 1/3 heart capacity, still works 40+ hours a week! Hearing my mom cry for the dog, cry for Kasey is too much.

I couldn't go out there to help my dad (dog weighs 60-70 pounds) had my sister notified me earlier I could have gone. She has 3 kids, different schools, couldn't get there until later. I called my "good" son. After much complaining he went. My mom so proud of him, happy he came. Point is, he didn't want to either! I told him it was time to grow up, be a part of a family and do your part--help those that helped raise you and loved you! I guess he does have a heart, he went.

I am tired and want off the merry-go-round. So sad, no good reason except all the previous things. Just a bad day for me.

Keep me in your prayers, I hate life today.
susan
Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

susan...

prayers and hugs out to you, k
Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

Ann shared something with me once, that it helps to remember -

The difference between a good day and a bad is about two days... and sometimes much less.

I wish you a better day... soon. (((hugs)))
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Susan,

Read:

Last night I had a dream. I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonged to me, the other to the Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times, there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it. “Lord, you said once I decided to follow you, You’d walk with me all the way. But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

The Lord replied, “My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of suffering, when you could see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

Hope this helps. (((big Hugs)))

-Broken
Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Just sending love and hugs and prayers.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Susan, time to take a breather and just let the rest of the world cope without you for a day.

I am so sorry about the dog, as the owner of a not-well cat, I can relate to the sadness. But sadness is a process and will pass, with or without you there to help.

Hugs to your son for being a man, and hugs to you because you sound like you need them.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Susan)))))))

Just wanted to share this prayer with you. Hope it helps you feel better.
Repeat as often as needed. I have. lol
Your my friend and I care...
Love,
Linda

A PRAYER FOR COMFORT IN THE MIDST OF DESPAIR

O God, you know the emptiness of my heart. Sometimes I wonder if you are there—if you hear—if there is any hope that my situation will be different. When loneliness looms around me, when my questions are unanswered, when no one seems to care, when days and nights go on and on with no change, when I fall deeper into despair, I pray that you will let your peace fall upon me as gently as the spring rain that waters the earth. Remind me of your unconditional and eternal love for me. Assure me of your presence. Fill my heart with the hope that my life is held in your hand. Lift my pain from so that joy may flow freely again through me. I ask this for the sake of your love. Amen.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Sending hugs and a prayers. Try and get some rest.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Caileesnana))
Old 09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Praying for you, your mom & your dad.

Wishing comfort, peace and strength for each of you,

Rita
Old 09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Susan...sending hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry about the dog...So sorry about the burdens you are carrying. I hope that by sharing them here, it is like all of us holding a part and making them lighter. Be good to yourself today. Hugs
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending some prayers your way that tomorrow will be better than today and the day after will be even better. Sometimes you just have to let yourself be sad. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

better days ahead!
when we feel the sadness of a situation all the other problems in our life come to the surface with it, so be strong and remember we are all here for you.

hugs and prayers
Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's so hard ... try and remember that you won't always feel like this.
Today is a day for you to remember that there is safety in numbers ~ we're all here with you and praying for you.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Susan
I hope and pray that tomorrow is a better day for you. Take a break from today. You have so much going on right now, take a breath and know that the sun will rise tomorrow and it will be a differrent day, a better day.
Sending some big hugs your way. We are here for each other!
Love ya
Terri
Old 09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Susan, Sorry to be so late on this. I was out for the day and eve.
I am so sorry you are having a sad day. I know how hard it is to lose a pet that you love. I have lost both my cat and my dog. I also have an aging mother who I love dearly. She is the sweetest soul and she has demitia. I always fear the day that I go to visit and she won't know me. You have so much to deal with right now but be proud of you son......he did step up to the plate. Maybe it was a little struggle but he did it. Take comfort in the fact that this will pass and you will feel better again.
Some days it is just more than we can take. Like Marle said it's okay to be sad sometimes. I'm sending you a prayer that a nun prayed with me when I had my knee surgery last year. It applies to a lot of things in life. I hope it will make you feel a little better.

Lord, be with me so that I might
not look forward in fear to the
changes in life. I am your very
own and I believe that you will
lead me safely through all things.
When I cannot stand it, you will
carry me in your arms. May I not
fear what will happen tomorrow.
You are my everlasting Parent
who cares for me today and every day.
Either you will shield me from
suffering or give me the unfailing