I said no

Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I said no

I said no to someone today. It was not my AH, but it felt good just the same. I have a really good friend who happens to be my AH cousin. Well, I also have a co-worker who is as nutty as they come. She is nice and all, but nutty. Well her and AH cousin met one time and my co-worker asked if I minded if she talked to him. Well, I said I dont care. I went home and told cousin that she is as nutty as a frruitcake. So nothing ever came of it. That was months ago. Well, cousin decided this weekend he wanted to talk to her. So he sent her a message on myspace. She called me and asked if I would give him her phone number so they could talk that way instead of thru the computer. I said yeah and we hung up. I asked cousin about it and he didn't deny it but I told him what she said and then I said if he wanted her number he would have to get it somewhere else. Nothing else was said.

Today coworker mentioned conversation last night, and I said, Well, I am not trying to be rude or mean, but I dont want to be the middle man, so if you want him to have your number maybe you should just send him a message thru myspace.

I am sorry, but I wil have no part in playing match maker with this and I feel like I made it clear by saying no. It felt good. I just wish I could handle everything in my life like this.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

WooHoo Wendy!! Way to go kiddo!! I'm still working on the whole "no" thing myself. I think once you start saying it more.....the easier it will get!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOVE THE NO!!!! Wish I could say no. Still working at it. Loves-you always make my day-what a sense o humor!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Survivor

Boy it takes a lot for us to finally understand that NO is a complete sentence.......way to go. practice makes perfect......
Old 09-10-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God for YOU!!! Way to go. You should be proud of yourself. It does get easier the more you practice it.
Terri
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Once we get in the practice of saying no, we see how easy it really is!
Good job!