Language of Letting Go - September 4

Old 09-04-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - September 4

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Finding Direction

I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people's lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life.
--Anonymous

We each have a life to live, one that has purpose and meaning. We can help our Higher Power give direction and purpose to our life by setting goals.

We can set goals annually, monthly, or daily in times of crisis. Goals create direction and pace; goals help us achieve a manageable life that is directed in the course we choose for ourselves.

We can help give our lives direction by setting goals.

Today, I will pay attention to setting a course of action for my life, rather than letting others control my life and affairs.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Living my life as a "reaction" to those around me had become the only lifestyle I knew.

When I stopped identifying myself as my son's mother, my husband's wife, my mother's daughter and my employer's employee, I was free to begin learning who that stranger called "me" really was. In time I came to know her, like her and today I live the life that is best for "me" and find beauty in every day.

Finding myself was the first step for me in finding direction in my life. And it just keeps getting better each day.

Hugs
Old 09-04-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am still learning who i am.each day becomes more peaceful & beautiful as i learn in recovery. each day becomes a miracle than i can enjoy instead of focusing on other people, their problems & what others think i should do & who i should be.God has truely blessed me & i am grateful.

Last edited by hope213; 09-04-2007 at 05:23 AM.