It never ends...

Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry It never ends...

Hello everyone.
I haven't been around here much at all lately, life's been busy getting my son ready to go back to school & getting ready for our new house. RAH has a little over one month clean, he's doing well and trying to get in with an addiction counsellor. Around here that seems to be not such an easy task, the soonest he can get in is Sept. 6 and that was booking almost a month ago.
We're readjusting to life and it's great. We're communicating much better lately. I have less doubt in his actions because they're actually starting to match what he says!
I'm doing MUCH better as well. The feeling that I need to snoop throug his things is gone, I no longer question his every move.. or any move for the most part. I'm enjoying things, one day at a time. I'm not saying that I believe 100% that he's finally found the right path, I do keep the knowledge that a relapse is possible in the VERY back of my mind.
But, even with trying to get everything straightened out and settling in to being a family again.. we run in to trouble. The other night my cousin went home high on coke. His GF questioned him and he accused RAH of being with him, and being the one to supply the drugs. Both RAH and I have since talked to both of them and my cousin did appologize to me for what he had done. I gave him a piece of my mind, told him what that could've caused and that we do not want to be in the middle of that kind of thing anymore. If it's true that's one thing, but RAH is trying so hard to gain back trust and stay clean.. this just makes me furious!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So the cousin was definitely lying? Or was he saying he was lying because it was easier than continuing with the truth? Either way, I don't blame you for being upset about it... because your husband doesn't need to have people lying about him, nor does he need people encouraging him to supply them with drugs.

I'm so excited that he's about to get to rehab though! How wonderful that the wait is almost over... I'm praying this will be his time to change for good, and that he will walk in recovery from here on out.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to see you, concernedbigsis...prayers and hugs out, k
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lady,
No it is not true. My cousin was lying. RAH was at home that night. My cousin was saying this because he didn't want to tell anyone that he was actually out using alone...
Old 08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((BigSis))))

Recovery takes time. The first 90 days will have lots of hills and valleys.
Trying to find balance is a lifelong journey.

I hope that your RAH stays in recovery.
Hopefully he will connect with some of the Winners at the meetings.

WE must continue to have hope.
Without Hope one can not begin the struggle to change.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sounds as if you & your husband are doing fine.people in general can cause trouble. i am glad he was home with you.if he weren"t you would have had doubts. i do not know why people do this.prayers, hope