beginning to see the light

Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

beginning to see the light

I found this site and made my 1st post yesterday, then started reading. What a Godsend. Thank you for all the helpful and caring replies, and the stickies were a big help. Thank you Marteen especially. I didn't realize how alone I felt until finding this site. The pain of having a child go thru these tragedies is almost more than a parent can bear, but reading all your stories helps. It's going to be hard to do the right thing, but at least I have a direction now, and a place to come for emotional support. Last night I was able to let it all out for the first time in a while...Whew!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

rosey red, this site also saved my sanity.i am glad you are here. you are going to be fine. i do not know how long it will take for your daughter to see the light but i can tell you are going to catch on to your recovery real quick. i did it in baby steps but today i am so much better, one day at a time.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I'm still here 3 years later... because what I found here was so helpful, informative and safe.

I've supplemented my SR memebership with Alanon and AA... but this place has been a real godsend.

Welcome! ((hugs))