Just not getting it

Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Oh Wendy. That just seems like such a waste when there's so much out there in the world to love and appreciate. You can't let life pass you by like this. You're too young.

I've got an idea. Far fetched but WTF. Come down to Florida and I'll keep you and the little one plenty busy!! You know I'm serious too now. The invite is open. Where ever I may be you are always welcome........even if its for a short visit.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok, Kris do you think you could manage to kidnap me and little one, cause I think thats the only way I am getting out of here anytime soon. lol
Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WENDYLOST101 View Post
Ok, Kris do you think you could manage to kidnap me and little one, cause I think thats the only way I am getting out of here anytime soon. lol

That CAN be arranged. I know people . No......I don't need anyone. I'll come get you my darn self. How far are you from Mobile?? I know how to get there without getting lost lol.

I don't think you give yourself enough credit sweetpea. You can do anything you set your mind to. Now what you have to do is start setting it on some positive things for a change. I'll help you in any way I can.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know you will Kris. I just have to start making a plan for myself and stick to it without letting him blow it out of the water every time I get focused! I love you Woman!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I love you too Wendy. I'll be sending some extra special prayers your way lady. You just let me know if you ever need anything...........even if it's an ear to vent to.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Wendy, antidepressants are not addictive. They benefit by increasing the brain's natural levels of seratonin in the brain which protracted depression and anxiety block and deplete. There's nothing shameful or wrong with taking them when needed
and they do not foster dependence.

Another category of anxiety meds include Valium, Xanax, Atavan, Librium, Tranxene,
Klonopin, Centrax and Serax are highly addictive. A codie I know sadly became addicted to valium. Doctors often prescribe them for short term anxiety relief.
They should be avoided at all costs in my opinion.
Give yourself the gift of getting away for a breather from AH and doing things such as going to a park with little one, library, or you name it. I used to visit with Alanon friends or meet them for walks etc. Perhaps you can call members of Celebrate Recovery or get together outside of a meeting. You can do these things Wendy.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. Splendra's ignore him and detach tools are excellent. You harm you each time you engage in angry verbal assaults. It's part of the codie/addict insanity merrygoround. Make a decision to step off the crazy ride. You can practice detachment and save your own sanity.
The newest stickie here If you love me , let me fall speaks volumes. Let him fall. Stepping out of the picking up his meds nurse pill keeper role can help you detach.
Let go or be dragged hon. You can't save him from himself. Save your own precious life. " Getting is " is changing the things you can.
Hugs
Old 08-31-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Living in the light

((( Wendy ))) meant to type " Getting it "
An addict can suck the very life out of you when you allow yourself to hook into poor poor pitiful me, I'm in constant pain, I need you to help me cut down on my addictive meds. Pure BS.
Splendra's wisdom and strength shines in her first
step is getting honest with herself, stop feeling sorry for him, believing his BS, stop doing the things he ought to be doing for himself.
More hugs my friend.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I think your just simply hitting 'your' bottom when it comes to your husband. Everything is boiling up, and building within you and you have not done anything about it. For me, this anger built up for years, and no amount of anti-depressants, yoga, walking, or running made me feel any better. It in fact, what it did was made me stronger, and I wanted to stick my husband in a ring with no crotch gaurd to protect him.

It's almost impossible trying to stay sane living with an addict. Raising your children in an environment in which you swore at one time or another that you would never do. Pretending that one day, it will get better-and it never does. You give it your all, and then some and the addict does not see one bit of it. The addict is not there, listening to you when you need it most.

Infact the addict-your husband- is heaping stress on your lap. Giving you unnecessary wrinkles, headaches, heartaches, tears, and battles that he wont even put up his dukes and fight for. You have to do all the fighting yourself (to get him clean)

I have been where you are, and I am just rambling. I hope you have better day's ahead Wendy~~
Old 08-31-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Wendy))))))))))

Praying for you, sweetie.

I suffer from panic attacks. Have since my mom died in 1994.
There's nothing wrong in needing medication from a doctor to help you get through a rough emotional time in your life. My problem is, whenever I try to wean off my medication, (zoloft) I start having anxiety again. I'll probably be medicated for life because of panic and anxiety.
My mother was not only an alcoholic, she was codependent.
'Nuff said.

Do whatever you need to do for you. Your health, physically and mentally, are what's important. Take care of you.

Love ya,
Linda