Out of context..but..weighing on my mind..

Old 08-28-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Out of context..but..weighing on my mind..

I know this is out of context but I what to see the opinions of others. My youngest daughter worked a summer job doing babysitting so that she can earn her own money to put towards remodling her bedroom. Grant it, it would remodel it with no problem but she wants to decorate it in pink and black and have playboy bunny stuff (i refuse to buy). Anyhow, she bought a large bag that had a playboy bunny on it for $40.00 (39.99) and one night she went to spend the night with her girlfriend (who might i add, i don't care for the family very much..but.. i learned i can't pick her friends)...anyhow, she placed her purse on the friends bed -- they sleep on the floor because the bed is covered in clothes...etc. When she woke up the next morning their dog had chewed a big hole in her new bag.

She was so upset and the only thing the father said was..i don't know what has gotten into that dog. Well, to make a long story short, they never offered to pay for the purse which really upsets me. If this were your house and your dog, would you have offered to pay or I am just being rediculious?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm
Why not contact them and suggest a 50 50 deal?
Your daughter was careless
but in most states
dog owners are responsible for destruction.

JMO
Old 08-28-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would probably have offered to replace, but I like the idea of a 50/50 split. I think that is what the courts would probably decide. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know I would have offered to replace, but that's just me...I'm working on appreciating how unique people are and accepting that my right isn't necessarily "the" right.
I also know that when i got involved when my kids were teens and they were upset over some friendship drama, or something a teacher did or said, it always came back to bite me. They were mortified. It took me awhile to learn that lesson and I sure learned it the hardway.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks..........

Thanks!! :O)
Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wel...truth is, back in the day when my kids were kids...I would have replaced, if I could afford it.
Then, if it was more than what I would have paid for a purse, I would have resented having to pay for it.
I think I've come a way since then

This might be a great oppertunity for your daughter to learn by deciding the next step

(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well..i mark it up to lesson learned...

My daughter got to talk to the girlfriend tonight at football practice and asked her if her dad had any intentions on paying her for the bag the dog torn up. The daughter said, yeah, he said he was going to give you the money tonight. We waiting around after practice and when the father came off the football field the daugter said "daddy, are you going to give her the money for her bag" he didn't answer her and kept walking.

My daughter was upset but I think that this is a good ..but..hard lesson. Not everyone does what is right or what is expected. I haven't told her yet, but I am going to go to the mall this week and try to find her another bag.

Thanks for all the help everyone!! :O)