Update

Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

It's been a while since I've posted, busy time and not too much to say.
AD is back at school, she went on Friday and has over 60 days clean. All her meds have kicked in and she seems happier than she has in many years. The new bf that she found in rehab seems like a nice guy, he's been here quite a lot and is very helpful when he's here. They are both back to work and he's been giving her money to put in the bank for him. The only problem is he messed up his probation when he was using and will have to turn himself in soon. But they both have really worked on their coping skills and she seems to have accepted the fact that he won't be around for a couple months. She's also applied for a job near school so that she won't have to drive a couple hundred miles to work on the weekends. It will keep her away from any user friends around here. It's been great to have a clean, reasonable person for a daughter. I only used two rolls of duct tape the entire time, amazing!!

To clean up her financial mess she's taken out a loan to cover the credit cards, car repair bills and books for school. I co-signed the loan, but she signed a paper that gives me her car if she defaults on the loan. It may not be worth the paper it's written on, but she knows she is the one responsible for it. The loan can also be put into the larger student loan package when she graduates.

I've got to say thanks to you all and apologize at the same time for borrowing all the mom prayers on Friday night. While driving home after leaving her at school I was driving in one of the worst thunderstorms ever. Torrential rain, hail, people sliding off the road, the whole nine yards. While white-knuckling the wheel and praying for help I asked for all the mom prayers. You cannot believe the sense of calm that I felt immediately and then a rest stop appeared. If I ever doubted the power of prayer, I don't now.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Pansy,

I am SO glad we could help with the prayers. I've called on that power before, and you're right - the immediate sense of calm is pretty darn awesome.

Your recovery is shining, and so is your ADs. It seems like she is on a good path for the moment and has accepted responsibility for her choices and consequences. What a blessing for all.

HUGS from mom to mom

Cats
Old 08-27-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I pray for her continued recovery!
Glad all is well,
blessings,
susan
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending prayers!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Blue, Thanks for the update. I remember last year driving back from college with my daughter and we hit one of those storms. I was freaking, she was calm. Of course, she had some substance in her so that probably explains that Anyway, thank you for the update. Prayers that your daughter continues on her path to recovery and prayers for you to keep that duct tape handy and know when to use it Hugs, Marle
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

glad to hear that your daughter is doing well, blue. hugs, k
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pansy, I am so happy for you and your daughter, how proud she must make you today.

And call on the mom prayers all you want, there are more than enough to go around and God pays very special attention to moms

Driving in storms is the scariest thing.

Hugs
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

You sound amazing and your daughter sounds like she is moving in the right direction.

Mom prayers are here for everyone to use whenever they want. I know I'm guilty of withdrawing far more than I have probably deposited! But that's ok.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pansy,
I am so glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well. Both of you sound like you are on the right path.

I'll keep the mom prayers coming.............Lo
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I loved reading this post...such good recovery for both of you! How wonderful that you are letting her grow and accept the consequences and find the solution to the mess she made while using.

Only two rolls...that's very impressive, lol.

The mom prayers really are special, aren't they? I'm so grateful they are here to borrow and that we each so unconditionally give those prayers to each other. Hugs amd more prayers that all continues to move in a positive direction for both of you.