AS is spiraling downward....

Old 08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

sending my support for you. maybe he did not use but they teach us well not to trust them. i am inclined to believe he used.i hope he will finish this program.either way he has had a set back & that is what he should he doing besides staying clean. he has got to learn to live life on lifes terms. hugs & prayers, hope
Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
On a tear

My kid lied and made it sound SOOOoo convincing. The counselors at rehab are used to this - there are other signs they look for. Once I'd seen my kid through this drama one time, the next time I could tell what the counselors were talking about.

When someone is ready for recovery... it shows.

What I also know today is that the day before my kid got clean (for over 2 years, now)... the day before was no different than any other day... it was hard and difficult and scary and I was filled with fear and anger and depression.

And I had no idea how close we were to a beautiful new beginning.

No one knows what "clicks"... my prayers continue for your son. And for you.

"Hands off the addict"... now is the time for that.

((((Khrea)))))
Old 08-23-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
krhea75

You all are amazing! Thanks for the input and stories. I am feeling lifted up by your words and caring attitude. I think I will sleep okay tonight. Much of what you said came out of my mouth when i talked to him...why should I believe you over a drug test?, so you got falsley accused one time what about all the times you got away with it?, I just don't understand why he is hanging on to his lie. It scares me how deep the addiction is. Thanks again for the continued prayers.
krhea
Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

tiburon......congrats on your recovery. I know my daughter always says she is paying the price of people not trusting her. She said she understands but it sure hurts when you are telling the truth and you can't convince anyone of that. I know in time it will get better.......as she continues to recover and I can see the results of that then I might be more able to let my guard down. At least she understands where her family is coming from.
Many blessings on you....................Lo
Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

krhea, Its possible he's telling the truth, However I think you know its not very likely. My AS would never admit, until he was absolutely left with no other options but telling the truth. I love that classic line, (it must be in the addict's handbook) "I don't know why it came back positive, maybe second hand smoke?". I know for me, when my AS was in jail, I considered it safer than on the streets smoking crack out of brillo pads. Some would beg to differ, Im just talking about the way I felt. Rehab, Detox, Jail, for me any of those are better than the streets. I hope he gets to "his time" soon.