SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Things we are thankful for (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/131163-things-we-thankful.html)

cinderellawkids 08-21-2007 07:06 AM

Things we are thankful for

I know weve done this before alot. But today I needed to do it, so figured maybe others could benefit too.

Im thankful for over all being healthy.
Im thankful I have some fod in my fridge.
Im thankful I have a vehicle to drive, a job to go to and a roof over my head.
Im thankful to ahve 3 children who love me very much and a safe place to leave them every day

Jewelz 08-21-2007 07:10 AM

I am thankful that I have two beautiful kids
I am thankful that I have a decent home even though I need to clean it
I am thankful that I have a that I make a difference ever day in a childs life.
I am also thankful that I am healthy and that my kids are healthy as well.

I could keep going....

CatsPajamas 08-21-2007 07:23 AM

I am thankful for:

Being able to support myself with my job
For the love of my family and friends
For a program of recovery which has taught me that I matter
For being able to set and maintain healthy boundaries
My dogs and cats who bring joy and laughter to my life

And of course, I am thankful for cheesecake.

~Cats

parentrecovers 08-21-2007 07:29 AM

i'm thankful for -

knowing that i have choices
the love and support of my family and friends
the open communication between me and my husband, even when it takes awhile to get to the "heart of it" all
my daughter has so far survived her addiction without losing her life

cinderellawkids 08-21-2007 07:40 AM

Im thankful for SR, especially cause I dont get those funny pathetic stares from you guys.

Im thank ful for the woman a few cubicles over who reminded me if we were happy and up every day we'd be crazy, we all have down days

ladyamalthea 08-21-2007 07:51 AM

I am thankful that I have my youth (or what's left of it...)
I am thankful that I have my job and my students, whom I love with all my heart
I am thankful that I have health insurance and can get to a doctor when I need to
I am thankful for my husband, who loves me more than I deserve
I am thankful for my sister's continued recovery
I am thankful for my HP's hand in my life

stefanie 08-21-2007 08:32 AM

I am thankful to be alive
I am thankful to wake up the the sound of birds singing
I am thankful I am halfway done with my chemo treatments
I am thankful I have many wonderful people in my life
I am thankful that my as has hp watching over him
I am thankful for sr

hope213 08-21-2007 04:19 PM

i am thankful i have a life today.
i am thankful for the love of my husband & family & friends.
i am thankful for my birds that give me joy everyday.
i am thankful for my health
i am thankful for enough of everything.
i am thankful little j. called today & he had his first day pass & was with his other
grandparents.
today i feel very blessed that my daughter is coming tomorrow & bringing my oldest sons daughter with her. i have not seen her in over a yr. i am grateful for every thing in my life today. :)
i am thankful for all of you guys.
the list could go on & on.

megsy 08-21-2007 04:27 PM

oh, good things you guys.. i needed this today too.

I am thankful for my wonderful home, and my roomie.
I am thankful for God.
I am thankful that I woke up sober today, and that I actually slept last night.
I am thankful for being able to read SR, its helping me learn how to cope with life and ABF.
I am thankful that I was able to stand up for myself today.
I am thankful for my sober day of november 05.
I am thankful for my mom and my little sister whos going to have a baby!
I am thankful for my family.

thats all i can muster today, but thank you for helping me see these.

caileesnana 08-21-2007 05:55 PM

I am thankful each day for another day to try and get it right!

Also, my family, dear friends at SR, my job, etc. and that God is in control!!!

greeteachday 08-21-2007 06:05 PM

I am thankful that my HP keeps showing me the many miracles large and small that this world contains.
I'm thankful for all wonderful loving people in my life...including my SR family.
I'm thankful that even when I don't have a lot of words and my brain feels like mush, you all know the love and gratitude that is in my heart. Hugs

Elana 08-21-2007 07:17 PM

I am thankful for my life and the people in it good and bad, from who(m?) I have learned so much.

I am thankful for all the animals I have known, know now and will know in the future.. they add depth to my love and to my life.

I am thankful I have never been afraid to try anything.. and figure out I can do whatever it is I need to.

I am thankful for the experiences my X husband (deceased) and my XABF gave me because they taught me much; wonderful things, good things, bad things and horrible ugly things, and brought me to recovery. They gave my life scale.

and I am thankful I got it all done for today and I can sleep now.. and am ready to do it all again tomorrow.

frankly 08-21-2007 08:18 PM

I am grateful for all the beautiful things in this world, the birds, the butterflies, the rainbows and the million other things.

I am grateful for my kids, and my soon to be first grandchild.

I am grateful for the love in my life.

I am grateful for the doors of opportunity and experience that have been open to me.

I am grateful for my recovery, and the light that others have held.

I am grateful for miricles and living life again.

I am grateful for all of you, my family, my friends

B

Live 08-21-2007 08:27 PM

I am thankful that the basic needs and enough of my wants are met everyday.
I am thankful that I have a Dr's appmt tomorrow and that I can pay for it and especially grateful for her expertise and the life-saving help she gives me.
I am deeply thankful for my loving husband and his support and care that graces my days evey day.
I am thankful for my laptop and internet service that allows me to be a part of SR where I have learned much, the light is always on, and have special friends and fun and laughter along with sharing the growth that leads me as I read and share.
And lots more and for that I am thankful, that I have so much to be thankful for!

MsPINKAcres 08-22-2007 10:07 AM

I was just post elsewhere how my heart was full of gratitude today - now to try to put that in words.

Grateful for my HP's blessings in my life
Grateful of my wonderful relationships with my family and extended family (ex & my AH's ex's)
for the faithfulness of my recovery support family (my f2f family & my on-line family)

most of all for the fact that today I enjoy being ALIVE as so much of my life it wasn't so much that I wanted to die it was more that I just was in so much emotional pain that I just didn't want to live.

lightquest 08-22-2007 10:17 AM

Tears! I am thankful for tears!

I'm thankful for the tears running down my cheeks right now!
Thank you ALL for reminding me to be thankful today.

I'm thankful for the sunwarmed peaches right off the tree.
I'm thankful that I can support myself and my children.
I'm thankful for my home.
I'm thankful for my children and my loving (but codie) family.
I'm thankful for the creative beauty that permeates my life.
I'm thankful for to begin consulting work.
I'm thankful for everyone who smiles today.

I'm thankful for me (that was a hard one), but I am. I am thankful for me - perfectly imperfect just like my HP made me.

faithhopelovejr 08-22-2007 07:00 PM

I am thankful for my daughter. She has been my rock through this whole ordeal.
I am thankful for God and all the reasons he's given me to continue having faith, hope and love.
I am thankful for my parents.
I am thankful for all the people who have listened to me on both good an bad days.
I am thankful for my sanity and Zoloft!

marteen 08-22-2007 07:06 PM

Wonderful thread!

Just to be able to say, "I'm thankful..." takes our minds and spirit to a whole new place. It gives us all pause to reflect on things that make us smile and add a positive note to our everyday lives. We sometimes get so caught up in the drama created by our addicts, we forget these things.

We need to be reminded to remember the things we are thankful for!

:hug:

lightquest 08-23-2007 07:43 AM

I'm thankful for ALL OF YOU! your kindness and your wisdom. for keeping me hanging in there to do what I have to do for me. for sharing your stories. for giving me a laugh when I want to cry.

I'm thankful that my abf's sponsor said, "Now, I can see that Molly is working alanon. Her actions show that she's working the program." :)
Thanks everyone!

(of course, abf hates this:)