new info. on meth addiction

Old 08-20-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new info. on meth addiction

Friends,

I just came across this info. on meth addiction and thought someone out there might be interested. My AS is trying to overcome another drug but I stumbled on this info. through a friend who teaches. It is in their syallubus so I thought it might be of some use.

Here they are.........
http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drug....ethamphetamine

www.acnp.org/g4/GN401000166/CH162.htm

Books:

Brady, Betty. Meth Survivor- Jennifer's Story:And how one community fought back (Author House, 2006)

Braswell, Sterling R. American Meth: A History of the Methamphetamine Epidemic in America (Universe Publishing 2006)

Covey Herbert C. (ed.) The Methamphetamine Crisis: Strategies to Save Addicts, Families and Communities (Praeger Publishers,2006)

Johnson, Dirk. Meth: America's Home Cooked Menance (Hazelden Publishing and Educational Services, 2006)

I hope this info. might help someone. dixie
Old 08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry the first link should be as follows http://www.drugfree.org/portal/drug....ethamphetamine (I left off the "m" before.....sorry) dixie
Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks, Dixied, that's pretty good information for anyone who doesn't understand meth.

I am grateful that your links did not lead to sites that showed the changes in individuals who used meth, over a short period of time. Those sites can be a bad trigger for many here, like me, whose addict used meth.

All drugs are dreadful, any drug can kill, but I think if the devil himself has a drug, meth would be it.

Learning about it helped me know just what I was up against, and it wasn't pretty but at least I knew the truth.

Hugs
Old 08-20-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I posted these links because I thought they were educational and came out of a national teachers magazine. My intentions were to post thes links and books for those who wished to become more informed. Hopefully, I didn't cause a problem..........that wasn't my intention.............my best, dixie
Old 08-20-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I watched that youtube.com tv show called i-caught the other night.
They had videos inside sting operation autos that were bait for car theifs.
It showed a couple of different guys whacked out on meth.
Here they were screaming and yelling all the while being videotaped unbeknownst to them.
I was flabberghasted! The behavior was like a crazed person in an insane asylum.
It's very frightening.
Boy, drugs sure have evolved in to even worse things than when I was a kid.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

I looked up lots of info on meth when AD was active... it was seeing how bad it could get that sent me into the pit.

I appreciate the information you posted, Dixed, so this is not a reflection on you - but I have to choose to not read too much about it anymore... because the pit is just still close by... and I might slip in.

((hugs))
Old 08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks big sis for your understanding. I guess I thought this was honest, reliable information that might prove helpful to some not quite understanding this particular addicition. if it is a trigger for some please ask the moderator to remove this thread.........again, I did not mean to create a problem.......my sincere apologies.....dixie
Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Survivor

Thank you for the information.....for me any and all knowledge is helpful.....the truth about drug addiction is a very ugly picture, do I hate it, yes, yes, yes......but for me I am a need to know type and the better I understand the better I can face the reality, it is the not knowing what happens and what I am facing that I can't handle.......but we are all different and need different things for our recovery to work.....

prayers and
Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

meth website

Most informative-learned more about meth and it's horrors. AH uses meth and every thing else he can get his hands on. One video made me open my eyes and see "his friends and family"=more clearly.

Learning more each day and getting stronger!!!!!!!!! More peace!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!