Am I wrong b/c I can't forgive?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in the light

((( booklover ))) " If a man isn't willing to show up for me when I need him the most....then he isn't worth keeping around. especially when he didn't deserve this last chance anyway." Good for you for realizing and knowing in your heart and soul your own precious self worth. Grandma nailed it! I sure like ((( Grandma's ))) wisdom.

Mother used to say "Never settle for crumbs from any man's table . You sweetie deserve a bountiful abundant feast."

You are wise to see his continuing to lie and transgress as red flags. Actions speak
much louder than promises or good intentions especially from a very newly recovering addict. Being clean does not equate to being changed in old manipulating, lying ways.

When people show you who they are, believe them. You can trust your gut every time. Good for you for setting a boundary re his road trip. He will do as he will do.

Keep taking care of you. You do have the strength and you deserve love and respect. We are walking with you every step of the way.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have'nt had any experience in this area. Married 23 years to the same woman. I think I could forgive her because everyone has had that temptation. I don't think I would ever forget though, or ever trust her like I do now. I would also bet she would feel the same way if it were me. Saying she or I would forgive doe'nt mean our relationship would continue. I don't know how that would turn out.