tough week

Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tough week

In an example of infinite wisdom and planning, I put my dog to sleep and broke up with my ABF boyfriend in the same week!

I’m sitting here at my desk feeling horrible, trying not to cry.
I feel horrible because I am so sad.
I feel horrible because I am such a freakin’ emotional person that I can’t brush all of this aside and focus on my work.
I feel horrible because I, sort of, broke up with my boyfriend – again. How stupid is that?! – again. It’s not what I want. I know that he's "trying to get sober" but the 30 days, 3 mos. reprieves of sobriety come between weekly drinking and drug binges. It's been like this for 3 years. He's been an addict for 20. I feel horrible because I really love this man for a lot of good reasons. I’m afraid that I’ll cave. I’m afraid that I won’t cave.

And I miss my dog!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had to put my 10 yo dog to sleep also while dealing with AS and my BF exw. I miss my dog too. Could go without dealing with exw and AS but I did not get to choose who I wanted to put to sleep. lol that helped.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol

Thanks Nanna! giggles.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that is alot.i am sure you miss your dog,they become our family.i would be devistated if something happened to my birds. i sure you miss your b.f. too but things will get better. do something good for yourself when u get off work.call a friend & go out to eat. that may give you a lift. i love to go out & eat.((((worried))))
Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I am sorry you're so sad. You really have a lot on your emotional plate.
I know this might sound silly, but why don't you go out for an ice cream.
I am no doctor, but a friend doctor once told me that ice cream produces endorphins.
When my friend told me this, my whole life changed!!
How happy is that? LOL, we can indulge in something we LOVE that makes us feel better!
I do hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((lightquest))

Loosing a pet is like loosing a family member, depending on which family member it is, it's worse to loose a pet. My heart goes out to you. Coupled with the emotional roller coaster of ending a relationship, or not, can be overwhelming. Especially when you need the emotional support of both, the pet for the loss of the BF and the BF for the loss of the pet.

Be gentle with yourself, you can't expect yourself to be able to just shove all that aside. You're human, not superhuman.

Lots of Hugs and Prayers
B
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had to put my cat to sleep while dealing with my ad. It was all too much. I understand how you feel. Those animals love us unconditionally. They are always faithful and never hurt us or take advantage of us. I loved my pets better than some people I know.
It's okay to be sad and cry if you want to. Sometimes a good cry is all we need.

Hugs............Lo
Old 08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightquest...I'm so sorry that you have so much going on at once. Both losses are significant and grieving is definitely natural.

Feeling sad and bad are very valid feelings now, please don't beat yourself up. I'm grateful that you have a kind and loving heart and feel these emotions and that you aren't made of teflon and can let significant loss just roll off of you. It's hard to go through such emotional times, but going through the pain helps us get to the other side and a better place. Please remember we are walking with you. Sending lots of hugs...I hope tomorrow is a little less painful.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you Everyone!!!!

Your kind thoughts remind me that I am not alone. Today is a better day. Nothing like agood night's sleep!!

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs out, light - yes. sleep is good. k
Old 08-17-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((lightquest))

glad today is better - just remember like others have said it's ok to feel sad or any other emotion that you feel.

For me, when I have experienced losses, it has helped to write grief letters. And Yes, you can write a grief letter to your beloved pet.

I have written grief letters to my inner child, to the "dream of a marriage I wanted", to my house that was damaged from Hurricane Rita, and many, many other things. In recovery, for me, anytime I experience a loss it is healing for me to journal those feelings in a grief letter.

Just my e,s, & h,
Rita