Blogs

Notices

I went to my first meeting....

Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went to my first meeting....

I have been away for awhile. But I thought I would come back and let you all know that I finally got up the courage to go to my first Al-Anon meeting. I can't find a Nar-Anon meeting in my area that I can make it to, so I went to al-anon....I figure it will work, same principle, and in addition to my AH being a crack addict, he's also an alcoholic too. Anyway, I just wanted to say, I'm so glad I went. It wasn't at all what I expected (as I had been to many NA meetings to support a friend about 16 years ago, and in those meetings each person talked about their experiences). At the al-anon meeting I didn't talk about what was happening at all. We read from the book a passage about "Let go and let God". Boy, did I need to hear that! Then everyone went around the room and shared what that meant to them and how they thought they could apply it. It was very enlightening, and everyone was so understanding and supportive. I felt so relieved when I left and I haven't felt that way in such a long time. I can hardly wait to go to another meeting, but with my schedule and having 4 kids to take care of, it's kind of hard. But, I'm reading the book mark they gave me every day....JUST FOR TODAY...and it's really helping me make it each day. Just wanted to share....HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Crushed, that's great! I hope you get an opportunity to go again soon. I find the readings very helpful...Just for Today and Courage to Change really help me to get things in perspective when I need it.

It's amazing how people always hear just what they need to hear at meetings! Hugs
Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There is a magic about meetings that you have to experience to understand. I'm glad you made it and hope you will keep trying and make some more...it just keeps getting better and better, I promise.

Hugs
Old 08-16-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad you went to the meeting. i hope you can go again sometimes soon. it works if you work it. hugs,