mission possible

Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

mission possible

Hello family, your mission today, if you choose to accept it, is to find something beautiful and immerse yourself in it. Give yourself the gift of a little bit of time, just to smell a rose, watch a sunset, hold a baby, look around and see something beautiful in your life, allow yourself to let go of all your troubles just for a little while, and watch a butterfly, a bee, a firefly, a bird. So many miricles that surround us, that we often don't have the time to just stop and see.

You deserve that moment of peace, that tranquility.

Working at the motel, I had to make myself stop and see. I was working in the burn room (the section that burnt down), new walls, new roof, but still with open gable and eves. Every day I would come in and this small bird couple had worked feverously to build a nest is some part of the room that was inconvienent to what I was doing, every day, I had to take that nest and destroy it. After all, I was closing it all in, they would die if allowed to lay their eggs in there. It broke my heart to do it, but I had things to do, progress to make. Mama and Daddy bird would fly in, with their mouths full of twigs and moss, desperate to find that beautiful nest they had worked so hard on. Over and over again. Then one morning, there was no nest to remove. I didn't see the birds, I was releived, I figured they had finelly given up and found a more appropriate place for their nest.

I'm not sure how long it's been since I've seen them, weeks of working daily, sawing, hammering, moving things, hauling in building supplies, until the other day. There was a trash can lid turned upside down in the middle of the room. I noticed movement.

Mama bird, with 4 freshly hatched babies, mouths wide open, in that lid on the floor. Mama, just looking up at me, like please don't throw this nest away. My heart melted. This poor bird, against all odds, was going to have her nest and her babies, no matter what life threw at her.

And me, I had been working all around that trash lid, not paying any attention to it, so caught up in my task that I didn't even see the miricle happening right under my feet, litterally.

It made me stop and realize, I need to slow down and see......see all the beauty around me, even in a construction zone. I need to take some time for myself and just soak it in. I felt tensions that I didn't even know I was harbouring just fade away for a little while.

That beautiful bird family, has full reign of the room. Everyone is instructed to work around her, even if it means delays. She has possession until her four babies are gone. As hard as I tried to prevent it, it was meant to be, so I've given in to it. Turns out I really needed the break anyway.

Hoping all of you take a break, and look around, don't forget to "see" the beauty surrounding you, hidden by all the worries that sometimes take over.

Hugs
B
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a beautiful story
Old 08-12-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That story really touches my heart this morning, Frankly.

As a lover of nature and birds, I am cheering for mama and her babies and for the kindness in your heart.

I accept your challenge. Today I will pay special attention to all that is beautiful around me. I have errands to run but will notice the beautiful people I meet along the way and when I return I am going to sit on my deck and read, listening to the birds and the water lap against the shore.

I think I will hang a "do not disturb" sign around my neck, just in case anyone has other ideas for me today.

Thanks for lifting my spirits and my heart this morning. It's a lovely way to begin my day.

Hugs
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You warm my heart...Thank-you for this ray of sunshine!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for such an inspirational post! There are moments of beauty and wonder all around us ~ we just forget to take the time to notice. What a great reminder!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the post frankie. it was beautiful. i am a bird lover.i love to watch them outside & inside i have 2 parakettes & a love bird.they are my joy. i spend hrs a day with my birds & i love them. my love bird can balance herself on a small water bomb (ball) for 45mins or longer. i have timed her at 45. thank you for giving this mother & her babies the time they need.hugs,