Addiction to Lortabs

Old 08-09-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addiction to Lortabs

Hi, one of my coworkers is addicted to Lortabs. He says he wants to get off of them, but when he tries he throws-up all the time. Any suggestions?

Thanks, BEACHBUM
Old 08-09-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hi, don't have any experience with lortabs, but i'll keep you and your friend in my prayers
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I suggest that he see a doctor to do it. Coming off of ANY prescription medication, especially if being abused can be very dangerous.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree he should talk to a doctor, good news the sick miserable vomiting feeling lasts only a few days
Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well there is a couple of options.. For one I will say they are very hard to get off of. My AH is on them and has been for years now... He has done the methadone program. But, didnt stick to it. (and to me thats just another drug) alot of people dont know that a lortab, vicodine, and kind of hydrocodine is made from the same opaite (not sure on spelling) that herion is made from.. So its very easy to get addicted to. The best advise I can give is for him \ her to give it a week or so. And come off them themself. Its not easy but its the best way.. Cause once your on methadone you have to kick it and its just as hard
My prayers are with your coworker...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i agree, encourage him to get to a doc or er asap - before he backs out of quitting...or gets really sick.

blessings, k
Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. i do not think i have met you. please tell your friend to go to the dr. do not take any chances on their heath. saying a prayer for you friend. let us know how how friend is,
Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just finished with detox for the same thing. I was in detox for 6 days and they used methadone. On my 4th day I declined my methadone and also for the last 2 days. It was hard as hell but what kept me pushing forward was the desire to stop. I made 20 NA mtgs in the last 9 days which definitely helped. I'm struggling myself and it's not easy but I have just made up my mind this time. NA has been so supportive that my desire to stop has grown stronger and strong. All of those pain killers are deadly and equivalent to heroin like someone else said. Best wishes and God bless.