I want him to feel the pain he has put me through!

Old 08-04-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Anger got me out the door. Compassion took a while but now that I am safely out of the situation, I do feel compassion.

My pain and heartache were, at times, unbearable but at least I can look to the future with hope. The addict can't...not until they surrender. I can't imagine living a lie...I can't imagine hurting the ones I love and not being able to stop myself. Nothing could be worse.

Keep looking forward mka...we can't wallow in anger but sometimes its the fuel we need to get from a bad situation to a safer place. You have alot of compassion in your heart...your post is full of it...but its important to have compassion for ourself too!!!!!

I think you sound very strong. Hold your head up...keep going!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I believe that this anger is what is keeping me away from him. I know that the anger will go away in time, yet I am thankful that I have it right now. It is keeping me from driving to see him. It is keeping me from wanting him back. I know that if I hold onto the anger for too long it will not be beneficial for me. In time I will have moved on completely.
I am very thankful that there is a place like this that I can go to to write my feelings. I am fortunate to have found such a place with so many people who are or have gone through the same things I have gone through. It is nice to be able to talk about what I am going through and not feel as though I will be judged for doing the things that I did. For every dark cloud, there truly is a silver lining.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Oh sweetie.........I remember posting a thread that was exactly like yours a little over a year ago. I can't add much to what's been said before me. Just know you're not alone. I still remember the anger I felt. It helped me move forward and when I was strong enough and safe enough I was able to let it go. Hang in there. It does get better.