Hey guys!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Hey everybody. Just thought I would give an update. Most of you know that my husband is my addict and his DOC is pain pills. Well right now he has a prescription for perkoset until we see a differnt doctor on Aug 8th. He has been sneaking extra ones now and then, but what can I do? I hide them as best I can but he still manages to get them. Anyway... I printed out a good bit of info about NA yesterday including meeting places and times for the next week or so and gave him the info. He was very welcoming to the info and seemed very open and eager. He said he was afraid that if he went to a meeting even taking his meds the way he is supposed to they would throw him out. I told him I didn't think it worked that way. I told him alot of people take pain meds for legitimate reasons and get hooked. I also told him that I think NA will help him learn how not to abuse the meds. Then we dedcided we were going to get up this Sunday and go back to our church. We used to go every Sunday, but the more his addiction progressed the less we went and then finally just quit. Last night was a good night. Makes me feel better for now anyway. Just wanted to share my optimistic attitude with my friends this morning. Even if it is short lived. I feel better for right now. I love you all.

Oh, and just so you know that I have not ignored you all for the past year and a half. I am also trying to find myself a meeting to go to. I have not forgotten about my part in this thing. Its just so nice to see him take an interest in getting better.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi Wendy!
It's really nice to hear from you and I wish you both all the best that recovery has to offer. Have you ever thought of attending some open AA or NA meetings together or alone for either of you? I found it helpful.
I'm so happy that you are feeling better about things.
hugs,
cmc
Old 07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Me too Wendy,

Good Luck

Diane
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Luck, Wendy!!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck Wendy!!!! You sound like you are doing well. Stay strong
Hugs
Old 07-31-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i just had a thought. can he get the dr. to give him non narcatic pain meds.there are alot to choose from. i am saying a prayer for you both. keep us posted on what is going on.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey wendy,

There is a program celebrate recovery. I know that several of the local churches have meetings. My RAH and I are looking into them. I think they can also help us, as well as them. Do a google search and see what you think.

~M
Old 07-31-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have much to be happy about. Good for you and him. I love your positive attitude. Keep up the good work!
Terri
Old 07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Wendy,

Sending up heartfelt prayers for you and your hubby.
Miss you 'round here regularly.
Love,
Linda
Old 07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((((((wendy)))))))

Sounds like you are at peace with things right now. I'm happy for you. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers tonight...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wendy,
So good to hear from you!!! This is good news. you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as well. Good luck!!