so much wisdom from so much pain...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so much wisdom from so much pain...

i was at a meeting last nite and one of the new mom's asked when a group of about 5 of us had got so smart - ha, us smart, we laughed but then i started thinking about it - in the last year i have gotten a lot smarter - sharing my pain with others and all of you here has helped so much - the wisdom i gain comes from others pain and knowledge and growth from that - i hope that makes sense...

i just really feel grateful for all of you today - that you share so much of yourselves and help so many - you often wonder why god lets us feel so much pain and this is why - don't you think?

our life experiences may all be different but something brings us to the same place so that we may learn and grow from each other and deal with this thing called life - thank you, all of you...

love,
s
Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

I, too, feel that all of you at SR have been a lifesaver to me. I have grown so much from being on this site. I think it helped even more than therapy. Thank you all so much.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

If not for SR I would have spiraled downward last fall.

I did anyway for awhile.. broken heart issues etc., but since March I have done nothing but ascend that circular staircase of recover toward the top.

I haven't ascended it perfectly but I have ascended and I am so grateful.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SR is my lifeline to sanity. I have never met these wonderful people, but feel they are my friends. They mean the world to me. Sad we are all here, but at least we can share the burden
susan
Old 07-31-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh how I agree.....................you all have been better than any therapy.

Thank you too,
Diane
Old 07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know everyone here has saved me more than once, when I was at my bottom. I sat here and cried and didn't think I would make it through the day/night. But with the love and support of everyone here without even knowing it they helped me. I am so much stronger today than I was when I first started, yes I go backwards at times but with the support I go forward more.
Love and thank you to everyone
Old 07-31-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

we are all different. we have different personalities,different faiths, different in so many ways but all so much alike. we are alike & that is why we are all here together at S.R. we all have the same problem. loving the addicts in our life & learning the freemdom of letting go with love & turning them over to our H.P. thanks to all who is here for me on my darkest days without judgement of how far i have come or not come in my recovery.i love u all, thank you.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

How true. Only if we are willing to learn and grow though. Some keep doing the same thing over and over and over... and you know, expecting different results.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree; thanks for posting this. I know SR has helped me so much (have a lot ore to learn). Even if I am not having the problem that I may be reading about today - watch out because it may be my problem tomorrow!! And I will have a better handle with how to deal. I feel very blessed to have found this site.
THANK YOU SR!!!!
Terri
Old 07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rozied

My ex who was an addict most of his life always says " Nothing changes if nothing changes " and it is so very true!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You all make SR what it is............A very big THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you for sharing this...It is amazing how we grow isn't It? I just love all the love and support here and I love you all!!!!