Duct tape--Update

Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Duct tape--Update

Ad's been out of rehab for almost two weeks and so far things have been going OK. I've kept out of her stuff as much as possible and haven't had any real problems. The duct tape has come in very handy, thank you! Of course she does wonder about my sanity now and then, when I think I'm going to give advice that she hasn't asked for I mumble duct tape and walk away.
The first week she kept herself very busy catching up with friends, going back to work and making herself very scarce around the house. I worried a bit, and then just gave it up, not mine at all. The guy she met in rehab has been here twice and seems to be a nice person. They really support each others recovery, a good thing. The girl they hung out with in rehab called once and then dropped out of sight, they had made plans to all get together for post rehab support. Ad has gone to her group meetings but not the night ones and I don't think she's called her sponsor, oh well, not mine either.
This week she seems like her normal self, I've noticed that she gets on the phone real quick if something is getting to her. She has mentioned her new coping skills and appears to be using them, especially last week when ex-bf really tried to get her mad. She was on the phone real fast and then called me to say she was going to a friends house for some support and called later to say that she was glad that it all happened, now she can put him behind her and not look back. Ok the duct tape slipped a little, but mainly I just said I'm proud of you. Off the phone I said a prayer of thanks and sure did a victory dance!!!
I really hope and pray this is her time...............
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope its her time too!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers that this is her time. You are doing really good Made me smile with the duct tape. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-30-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Praying it is her time too. You are doing great...Wow! I know how hard early recovery is and having our kid in the house with us. You are truly shining! Hugs and prayers for you both.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

Add this mom's prayers to the bunch...lots and lots of 'em.

(((thinking of you))))
Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It sounds like both you and your daughter are doing well, and I know it isn't easy to not interfere.

I am a duct tape queen. I can use it to keep my mouth shut, keep my feet grounded and keep my nose out of what isn't mine. I figure I've gone through about 1,000 rolls by now

Sending prayers for your daughter that she can stay on the good path and stay "stuck" to her support group.

Hugs
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers to the chorus...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Another mom sending prayers that this is your daughters time. Sounds like you are doing well. The duct tape sounds like it is working. Maybe later you can tell her about it and she will get a laugh from it.
Hugs coming to you
Old 07-31-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

adding my prayers. i pray this is her time too.hugs,
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So glad things are working, espeically the duct tape! Prayers for continued success.
blessings,
susan
Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
krhea75

I'm so happy for you and your Ad. Sometimes they reallycan get it. Thanks for giving me hope for myson.
krhea
Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm trying to live just for today with all this and not have any expectations , but I can't help hoping and praying, without that there's nothing........
Old 07-31-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Adding my mama prayers too, Blue.
Stay strong.
I couldn't help but laugh out loud at your duct tape comment.
She must have thought you were crazy. lol
Hugs,
Linda
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Sending my prayers too. You do know that duct tape can fix anything. I have used it for everything from plumbing to electrical, as a quick fix to bad caulk jobs around windows. It is a handywoman's universal tool! ( -: I never thought about using it like that, I'll just have to give it a try.

B
Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Blue, Remember to stay in today and enjoy every minute (even the duct tape ones) of your daughter's sobriety. Make memories. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

hip hip hooray for you and your daughter from another Mom. Stay away from the enemy: "fear doubt + worry" I am envious, while happy for you, you've got your daughter back.Wishing you all the best!