Update

Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

Update

Well first off I want to thank everyone for their input.
My son had just about had my parents agreeing to let him use their address but today my hubby & I spoke to the parole officer & then called my parents. We told them he was lying about wk release & he could stay there as long as he wked & was clean. He had been telling them if he didn't get an address in 2 wks he would go bk to jail......not true.
My dad then called the PO & now agreed with us & he is not letting him use the address.
Now I am afraid to answer my phone cuz my son will be calling blaming me for screwing up his plans.
It is unreal how much trouble he causes without even being here.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

do you have caller ID? I would get it and when that # comes up (or any you do not recognize) don't answer the phone.....

Trouble only comes thru a door opened for it!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Diane,
I am glad that your dad spoke to the PO officer and found out for himself that your son is lying again. Since you have caller ID just answer the calls you want to and don't answer the ones you don't. I know that is easier said than done. I'm glad your dad got it today and is doing the right thing for today.
I am still keeping you and your family in my prayers. You are doing well with your recovery!!! Keep going girl I'm proud of you
Extra hugs coming to you
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i do understand. been there ,done that. i hate not answering the phone.my husband has a business.can u imagine the money lost because we do not answer the phone on pritviate # or unknown#. take care of yourself,do some you want to do or like to do.hugs & prayers,
Old 07-30-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers w you Diane. At least now you have a little support with your dad knowing the truth!
keep your chin up, you did what was right!
susan
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

When my son kept calling me, I would hang up every single time. I was glad I did because I didn't deserve to be blamed for his crimes!
It was hard, but I knew what was coming every time I would answer and it would be him. Eventually he quit calling. I felt bad, but I didn't deserve the abuse.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks to u all!!!

I finally " get it " the same way as I have no control of my AS.......I have no control over my parents.
As Dolly told me I am taking myself out of the loop & keeping my sanity.
I haven't talked to my AS or my parents today & I am done trying to control anyone but myself.

Love,
Diane