Whoops

Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Red face Whoops

Boy this has been a pretty raunchy past week.

I spent the better part of the week worrying about my kid, who had a run in with a hill and a few trees last weekend, all a part of his "healing" process so he says (GF dumped him). Apparently booze in large quantities is the elixor for heartbreak.

Now, no one need remind me that nothing I did could change the direction things were heading, and that taking time for me, giving it up to my and his HP and learning to find peace outside of his actions was the ticket...but knowing and living it... well, I don't have to explian that here do I?

I struggled all week, then finally planned some "me" time with BF over the weekend. A large crowd at a concert, a few beverages and us getting seperated in the chaos led to the closest I've ever come to a panic attack. Yep...right there in public.

You know the funniest thing about all of this? Son was away for the weekend with some family members camping and riding horses. Seems he decided his path to destruction wasn't a great idea after all, and sought out healthy activities to get him away from the lure of the local bars and the locals who frequent there.

Of yeah, and I believe I have pneumonia. Just started antibiotics today so hopefully that will begin to heal.

I think there was something in here that I was going to blame on the kid but I'll be darned if I can remember.

This one was all my doing.
Live and learn...right?
***cough***cough***wheez***wheez***

(((hugs)))
Cece
Old 07-30-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad he decided to go horse back riding!
Hope you feel better soon,
susan
Old 07-30-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon. At least he was doing something wholesome over the week-end. A bit of relief.
Lo
Old 07-30-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers that you feel better soon, Cece. Sounds like your son has a bit of recovery under his belt Hugs, Marle
Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((( Cece))))

Oh honey please take care of yourself. I've had pneumonia 2x in the past few yrs and it will knock ya right on your patootie.

It seems to me that you showed some great recovery... and that maybe your son is at least recognizing that he has choices in how he deals with things. I think horseback riding is an excellent plan.

HUGS and chicken soup
Cats
Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sounds as if he is trying to get back on track.i am glad.i want you to take care of yourself & get to feeling better.hugs,
Old 07-30-2007, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh Cece... you are soo funny! Poor thing!! What a weekend.

I did find it a little disturbing the first time I had a life event that DID NOT include my kid - like you, I think I was searching around for my "scapegoat" and felt a little uncomfortable when it turned out to land on MY doorstep!

I hope you get weller sooner (I agree with Cat - that p-monia is nothing to mess with!)
Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Cece)))))
Understand the feelings so well. What was a beautiful weekend of birthday surprises turned into a pretty crappy actual b-day today. Expectations...I'm not supposed to have any for anyone at all but me...and when i get them...I always get in trouble...I really thought my daughter's man (or should I say ex) would be mature when issues came up...really thought he wouldn't ruin the day and my vacation...(I know he can't really do that but for now he has because of things not even worth talking about) I really thought someone I love would at least call and say I'm thinking of you...Expectations...geez! It sucks, it hurts, but it is all of my own making. I'm working hard on focusing back on the good and the positive and the loving and letting go of expectations for anything at all. I just expect me not to be in a sad, empty mood for more than another 5 minutes!

Hugs and I really hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope this week is better for you. Take care of yourself and don't forget to take your medicine!!!
Terri
Old 07-30-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Cece,
Being with drug free people can be a welcome escape from druggies.
Hopefully he'll make some good friends, drug free, who can show him what life is really like without drugs.
Pneumonia?
Boy, I am 52 and since I had my very first bout with the real flu in March, I will be getting a pneumonia vaccine and a flu vaccine as soon as I can. I was literaly in bed for 8 days.
I do hope you get better soon!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

CeCe,

You poor thing. Sorry you've had such a poopy last week. Hope this week finds you feelin' better.
As far as that boy o' yours...Sending prayers for him. Sorry for his broken heart.
It's part of life and heartbreak is never easy.
Hope he can bounce back soon and stay sober.

Your hugged big-time right now,
Linda
Old 07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cmc

((cece))

Sorry you are feeling poorly.
Try to get lots of rest and get well soon.
hugs & prayers,
cmc