Camp Codie - You CAN Die Laughing but It's a Great Way to Go

Old 07-31-2007, 02:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To Life!

Looks like a great time was had by all!
Same time next year?

Thanks for sharing the photos and the laughter. Almost feels like I was there.

Shalom!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing your experience with us - what a great time - that's so special - to be able to share such a good time with people met here - how wonderful...

more pics????????

love,
s
Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
krhea75

Thanks for the smiles this morning....
krhea
Old 07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

WOW. That looks awesome! Trisha, next year it's you and me in Detroit Rock City with anyone else in the area...OOAL, Marle?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Goosh I am glad there is such a thing as "Camp Codie".....
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
rozied

Thank you all for sharing the trip you took with the group............looks like you all had a wonderful time. Makes me know I need something like that.
It reminded me theres more to life than our kids & parents.............
Love,
Diane
Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Gee, it's Tuesday and WHAT TOWN OR COUNTRY OR PLANE AM I IN????? For a minute there, I thought I'd never get home.

BUT....here's the good news. I "practiced these principles in all my affairs" (for all you 12 steppers) and I'm happy to report that I didn't take anyone's head off on that plane that did the loop de loop and went right back to Toronto when I was in spittin' distance, as we say in the south, to Atlanta. And get this. God certainly does have a sense of humor because who would he sit me by? Why, a fella who probably could use a seat in another program, you know, the one that starts with an "A" and ends with an "A"? Gosh, it was just too much of a God thing and I smiled as it all took place.

Now as to the codie retreat, let's just say it was faaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuluuuuuuusss!
Most days went like this: Get up, talk, eat, laugh, talk, get dressed, talk, eat, laugh some more, do some kind of adventure (boating to other islands to picnic, kayak, paddle boat, arts and crafts time), laugh some more, lose things out of the boat, but never fear, my fellow codies held my legs and I retrieved lost items, talk, laugh, eat, talk, laugh, ....and well, you get the picture.

Wonderful friends, wonderful sharing about recovery and our lives. You know, if I hadn't found this board I would never have found these wonderful friends. I'm so thankful God brought them into my life because they (as well as y'all) have helped get me to a better place in my life.

And that's what this board is all about...sharing our experience, strength and hope. I'm just so thankful I've had the chance to do it up close and personal with Moose, Ann and Barb.

Now if I can get the folks to agree, would y'all be willing to give five bucks a piece so we could rent out the Atlanta stadium and all do this gettin together thing? Okay, so it might take $7.50 a person. It's a great idea, don't you think?

Oh, oh...and I might add I have some pretty incriminating pics as well as beautiful ones. Oh Barb......just what might those pics be worth to you???? And re Barb, well, she fit right in. And that's the great thing. We met and picked right up where we left off here, just like we've known each other forever. Recovery friends are like that!

And, I swuanne, if Ann took one picture, she took 2000! That woman is a picture taking fool! Doesn't she know I cannot suck in my stomach 24/7? And bless BOTH OF OUR HEARTS when we decided to paddle boat down to a friend's cottage, good glory, we thought our legs would fall off, but we hung in there.

And Moose, well, bless her heart, too, she just doesn't get us women (Ann and I) who feel we need a little makeup to make us look a tad better. We just frustrated the tee whatty out of her by dolling up a little... And Moose may not understand makeup, but she sure understands compassion. She didn't like the dog chasing away a snake ...that precious, little snake, well, in her eyes anyway.

It was just a great time! And every hour it took to get home was well worth it. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Meggie, Instead of Detroit, you guys come up here to Northeast Michigan where a view of the bay is worth half the pay. I have summers off so anytime you and OOAL are free just let me know Hugs, Marle
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hangin, I don't know which I like better, Ann's pictures or your recap of the events. Glad you all had a wonderful time. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Stupid me, called Cats Barb. Barb stands for "Barbarian" cause she was just such a nature woman! And she seems like such a meek and mild little lady on the board. Ha! That woman will tackle anything! (Hey Cats, why did you have to make me look like such a weenie? )

<------------See gloves to the left. It is so darn hard to keep those things clean when getting in and out of the boat. And I think Mr. Moose got a peek at my pantaloons. Well, darn gals, it's hard to hold that hooped skirt down when your fanny is up in the air when getting into the boat. Hardly a ladylike way to pull that move off.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You girls really made me smile with these pictures. I just love to see a bunch of girls hangin out having a good time. It reminds me of all of the fun I have with my friends. Where would I be without them?

Thanks for sharing and glad Hangin made it home safely.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

And Moose, well, bless her heart, too, she just doesn't get us women (Ann and I) who feel we need a little makeup to make us look a tad better. We just frustrated the tee whatty out of her by dolling up a little...
A LITTLE bit of makeup??? Ladies and gents, Ann and Hangin' had to do the full makeup deal every day no matter what. They chose to NOT go into the lake as it might mess up their lovely faces.

I have a great pic of miss Hangin', in a boat with a life jacket and a wet hat fanning herself.. it seems she was starting to "glisten" in the heat.

OH good gosh did we laugh. Recovery is such a wonderful gift as it allows you to see the joy and humor in so many things.

Much love

Cats (Barb)
Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Excuse me, but that was NOT full makeup. Ann and I cut y'all some slack by only applying what was absolutely necessary such as moisturizer, spackling compound, under eye cream, foundation, red splotchy coverup stuff, powder, blush on cheeks followed by highlighter on cheekbones (takes at least 2 months off an aging face), brow pencil, eye shawdow, highlighter, lowlighter, inbetweenlighter, mascara (lengthing, thickening, and waterproof), eyeliner, powder, lipliner, lip pencil, gloss....

.... and that's just for starters.

I don't understand the problem.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hangin' is right....well almost. Us fair faced codies need just a touch up like eyebrow pencil and a little mascara so our faced don't disappear, and maybe a dab of lip gloss to protect us from the sun and so we can keep laughing and talking without our lips cracking from all that action. I mean, you never know who you might run into on an island in a lake and roughing it means wearing sneakers instead of those cute little sandals we left at home.

Now notice the water dripping from the sunhat!! We had to hang Hangin' out of the boat by her ankles to retrieve said sunhat when it went flying off her head. The unfortunate thing is, we were laughing so hard that we almost drowned her. Thank goodness for life jackets. Our "lady of the verandah" was in need of a mint julep after all that action.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Hey, I was supposed to go this year, remember? No wonder I've been depressed - I know "something" was missing. I was supposed to go to that Moose Island and leave all my cares there! That's what it is. Don't forget me for next year!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You gals are simply AWESOME. Love putting the faces to the virtual friendships.
I'm more of a resort gal...may have to reconsider. Now I'm in the mood for S'mores + a campfire. Love the photos, love to see more.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good glory, Ann, did you HAVE TO USE THE ZOOM lense? That was very tacky of you to add those wrinkles around my eyes.

DELETE, DELETE, DELETE. Darn, it ain' working!