A bit of mixed relief tonight...

Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A bit of mixed relief tonight...

Matt's father called this afternoon and offered us another possibility on the housing situation...

He said (these are exact words) that his wife, the woman who upset me so much yesterday, "is going through menopause at the moment and if you two move in, which is fine if you do, but if you do move in you and your mother will be fighting for the next two weeks. I would rather shell out the weekly rate for you two to have somewhere a little less tense to stay than to have to put up with the tension for that long... if that's okay with you"

Haha! So now we are being put up in a motel for free? On some levels I feel bad that he is willing to do that, but then again, I don't just because they had offered to let us stay with them, so we weren't exactly planning to spend the money.

Matt's mother hurt me so much yesterday by saying what she did about my parents and sister that I am very relieved that I don't have to see her for more than a few minutes at a time over the next few weeks... but then again, I kinda feel like maybe Matt's mom is holding me responsible for something I have no control over. And it hurts.

Man, I know not to let her have it... but boy I wish I could. I think I'll be journaling about it tonight just to get it out of my system.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am sorry about the problem with your m.i.l. maybe you could write her a letter & tell her nicely how it makes you feel & that you have no control over your parents or your sister.tell her she needs to feel blessed & how so many families are going thru what yours is.i know it has got to hurt your husband for his parents to treat you & him too as they do. i am glad you are not going to have to stay with them.it is there lost not yours.prayers,