what a strange feeling

Old 07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a strange feeling

Hello ,
First I'd like to say thank you for making me feel welcome and for the links some of you have shared with me. I appreciate all the encouragement pertaining to my own recovery from using and I don't mean to nit pick but I must state that I am not a recovered addict. I am a recovering addict and will always be recovering until I die then I will be recovered. Now I shall step down off my soap box

Today has been very strange for me. My husband (the active addict) has been gone a full 24 hours. He is on Tour. The sense of relief was bittersweet. It's sad that I feel that way but that's the way I feel. I don't have to hide my medications or my purse, or wonder what mood I will be dealing with from moment to moment. I am able to keep my children on a consistent schedule. I don't have to wonder where all the money is being wasted. Heck even my pain level is at a 5 instead of an 8. I'm going to just take the rest of this day and enjoy it because tomorrow I (along with some people with experience) will begin the task of putting together an intervention for when he comes home.
Just for Today...I have gratitude for the serenity in my home and my heart.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

enjoy your peace & quite & enjoy your children.prayers,
Old 07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, at least you have identified that you feel relief when he is gone....maybe that is an indication of what your life should be like.....stress-free and peaceful.