SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   my codie self (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/128952-my-codie-self.html)

rahsue 07-19-2007 08:59 PM

my codie self

Why is it that no matter how hard I try I allow my kids problems to get me so upset I start to have anxiety attacks. My kids are all adults, what they do has absolutely nothing to do with my life. My daughter forgot to pay her electric bill so they shut her off (only 24hrs she ran and paid it) my ras gets his car towed (never paid parking tickets) oldest son well he's just a slob who thinks life should be handed to him on a silver platter.
now, these things really have nothing to do with my life why in the world do I allow it to bother me!
I'm always the happy got it together kind of person, not today, I need a vacation I think.
ok thanks for letting me vent, I feel better already.
did I ever tell you guys how much I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Spiritual Seeker 07-19-2007 09:30 PM

No matter how old our kids are, it is hard not to be affected by them. We had expectations for them. We thought we raised them with a certain moral compass and belief system. I guess we need to relinguish our expectations and just practice ACCEPTANCE. What would be a great place to vacation for you?

rahsue 07-19-2007 09:47 PM

I know you're right but darn if I can stop myself from getting the chest pains and headaches ( thats my anxiety symptoms) I do very well when it comes to the hands off the addict thing but I really need to work on the everyday stuff too.

I think I'd like to go back to punta cana. I like the idea of all inclusive's. At this point I'll go anywhere.
how about you?

ladyamalthea 07-19-2007 09:54 PM

Lol... at least those three things are all things that can be fairly easily remedied (except maybe for the parking tickets leading to a towed car...)

I want to go on vacation too... let's see... right about now, anywhere sounds good, anywhere but here in my apartment...

rahsue 07-19-2007 09:59 PM

ok guys, lets start thinking of a road trip!!!! I'm in philly and punta cana is pretty cheap, I can go for about $800 for 7 nights. and thats everything included. what'd ya say!!! ((((hehehehe)))))) I feel like my sinister mind is at work.

Spiritual Seeker 07-19-2007 10:00 PM

I've been to Canada, U.K. and Australia this summer. Now I want to go to Hawaii. I have a friend there that I met in Alanon W.e always have fun fun fun when we hang together on the beach. I could use some fun.

rahsue 07-19-2007 10:03 PM

wow australia, now theres a place I'd love to go, but not for the beach, I'd like to go on a safari

ladyamalthea 07-19-2007 10:04 PM

Hmmm... 800 bucks you say? I think I can actually scrounge that up:)

See ya at the airport in the morning lol

Spiritual Seeker 07-19-2007 10:07 PM

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic sounds delightful. I have been to the other side of that island, Haiti, but not there. Have you been before? Actually I want to explore
philadelphia pa as I fly in there a few times a yr. on my way to NJ . Any suggestions in your town of things to do

rahsue 07-19-2007 10:08 PM

hehehehe sounds like a road trip to me hehehehe
I'm thinking it'll take me til about mid to late sept to save for it.
I can't stop giggling, I really think I'll go

rahsue 07-19-2007 10:13 PM

oh heck yeah, philly's an interesting city. You can take a tour on the ride a duck bus, it takes around the city and tells you all about the history and then the bus goes in the delaware river and tells you some more.
theres a funny story about philly...
we have city hall that has a statue of william penn on top, now it was supposed to be law that no building could be constructed higher than william penns hat, but progress such that it is we have buildings taller( but all are to william penns back).....ever since those buildings have gone up, none of our sports teams have won a championship soooo....
the comcast building is being built now and on the top gerder they put a tiny william penn statue (it's about 6 inches) so now our teams can win

ladyamalthea 07-19-2007 10:18 PM

*furiously scribbling notes on a map*

although anywhere where I can feel better and forget life for a few minutes would be wonderful...

rahsue 07-19-2007 10:22 PM

well, maybe I'll pick my sorry behind up and head to the zoo tomorrow, I'll have to wait til sept for punta cana but i am going I AM hehehe