A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 21

Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey all, glad to hear that everyone is doing ok.
question, there is a little box on the first page that says that i subscribed to this thread, can somebody explain to me what and how that is?

i'm doing ok this morning, i've been up awhile trying to catch up on some reading. having my 1 cup of coffee, and still, by the grace of god, no cigs. its been about 35 days.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
$100 worth of chew toys, frozen beef bones from the butcher, doggie toys of varying hardness and variety....and he wants to chew on the couch cushion.....i sprayed it with bitter lime, and he's rolling in it and licking it....why me lord?

Didnt I warn you?

No one wants to listen to me, they always think there experiences will be different.
  # 103 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

oh if you want an all day project, put them in the MICROWAVE!!!
Oh no you don't. LOL Giiiiiirrrrrllllll...........let me tell you somethin..........been there, done that, and I had to buy a new microwave after that little "lets make our own marshmellow fluff" episode. Fool me once....
  # 104 (permalink)  
grateful rca

japic, i think bella is just adorable too. cinder, i dont' know what we are gonna do with you and your animals
Old 07-20-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Thanks - I think so -

She is a handful!! Right now she has picked up a couple of #$&* words that she shouldn't be saying & her Mom is having trouble stopping her.

She is doing the time out, finger over her mouth, etc - but no luck yet.

Bella's probably just venting her frustations - Poor baby has been thur some major changes in the last 4 months, moved, parents seperated, 2 different day cares, and now her Mom's expecting again & that is the same daughter that had surgery last week.

That's a lot for a 2yr old to process. I try to just give her & her sister some "ReeRee" time, but I know it's tough on them.

Anyway - How's everyone's day so far? Very, Very quiet at my office - oh wait - it's always quiet at my office
Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Palm Tree View Post
loves....why don't you give us an account of what happened...i am sure we all want to hear this LOL LOL

Anvil described it best when she said; once that seemingly innocuous little marshmellow goes BOOM, you'll be spending ALL DAY cleaning up the microwave.........

What a marshmellow mess from hell.
My daughter's had a good laugh and what I'm assuming they knew would happen all along. Okaaaaaaaay.........mom's the big dingbat who does whatever her children ask her to please the little heathens. Ugh....not one of my brightest moments.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

i used to put marshmallows in the microwave all the time in high school, i think my parents went thru like 3 or 4 microwaves! maybe if i do it to our little crappy microwave rah will be forced to buy me a new one, thanks for the idea guys!!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

one of those - huh, didn't think THAT would happen moments!

one time we thought we'd curl renee's hair, so with it still wet, i rolled it all up in those tiny pink foamie rollers........and she slept on it that way. oh dear......

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
My mom did that one time!!!!!!!!! One of those flying palmetto bugs (cockroach) flew in her hair and she flipped out!! She started yanking those foamy curlers out and probably pulled half her hair out in the process. I laughed so hard I wet my britches that night
Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well, yall, its friday. life has gotten kind of peaceful around here, i think i really do enjoy living alone or better yet, it must be that i can tell the difference between life without the drama.

ah called yesterday to say that he would see me today. duh........ today is payday. i mean i can use a few dollars but i have to be careful. don't want a room mate and neither does the kids. well, gotta go for a while, i'll check back a little later. let me see, we're on pg 7, wonder what pg you guys will be on when i get back.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Japic05 View Post
She is a handful!! Right now she has picked up a couple of #$&* words that she shouldn't be saying & her Mom is having trouble stopping her.
Awwwwwwwwwwww.............I want a Bella!!

When my Stephanie was about hmmm.........3 or 4 she used to sit under the glass dining room table. She thought because she was hiding we couldn't see her. One day I walked by and said "what are you doing in there" . Her response was "hiding from all you mudder f'ers". I believe that day she had to hold up the wall for a while LOL.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
Oh no you don't. LOL Giiiiiirrrrrllllll...........let me tell you somethin..........been there, done that, and I had to buy a new microwave after that little "lets make our own marshmellow fluff" episode. Fool me once....

NOTE TO SELF: when cooking for Loves & Noah's visit - keep Loves away from marshmellows & microwave at all cost!!!

Just kidding, Loves!!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

NOTE TO SELF: when cooking for Loves & Noah's visit - keep Loves away from marshmellows & microwave at all cost!!!

Just kidding, Loves!!

Damn the bad luck!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
One day i was driving and something happened so i said shoot. Oldest child's voice from the backseat - mommy said a bad word...youngest child's voice from the backseat - no, sh*t is a bad word...shoot is ok...

I just kept driving.

I'm completely cracking up over here this morning!!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

My Mom uses a flyswater as the "No No" to get her attention. The other day she said the F' word - My mom said "Bella, don't say that word or Memie is going to get the NoNo after you" Bella said "F' the NoNo"

My mom said it took everything she had not to bust out laughing at her - Needless to say, she got a swat on the diaper with the NoNo and put in time out.

I mean, I can so relate - I like to say F the NoNo too sometimes!!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

cordless rechargeable screwdriver
I missed something here. I always thought screw drivers were a metal tool about 6 inches long with a yellow plastic handle and come in either flat head or phillips head.
I didnt realize cords were an option and my wrist could use a recharge.

Teke, remmeber like 5 months ago you and Id come on Friday mornings and stress whether we were gonna see any money? See things have changed, progress is progress. I could possibly end up with a little myself today, maybe maybe not, time will tell and its no longer worth wondering about, ahhhhh peace
Old 07-20-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
One day i was driving and something happened so i said shoot. Oldest child's voice from the backseat - mommy said a bad word...youngest child's voice from the backseat - no, sh*t is a bad word...shoot is ok...

I just kept driving.

The other day my almost 10 year old said, "Ma curse words have other meanings right?" I said yes son. " He said what's the F word really mean? I said not that one its made up, my 6 year old said F word ? You mean F**** is a bad word, so is Screw bad too?"
Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Anvil - we tried for about 2 weeks to ignore Bella saying "sh*t" & the F bomb - but it wasn't working - also she has an older sister, Lexi 4 who can't WAIT to tell us when her sister says it.

None of us really use the F word, but the girls went for 3 weeks to visit their dads family. I have to say their dad is very bad about listing to ANY type of music while they are in the car and he definitely doesn't PG his phone conversations while the girls are around. I hoping his influence around the girls will begin to be limited, but this Mom is trying very, very hard to not butt into her daughter's life - Dammit it's hard, not to want to help her "See the LIGHT" - oops - maybe Bella is getting some of that language from us too - guilty as charged!!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
The other day my almost 10 year old said, "Ma curse words have other meanings right?" I said yes son. " He said what's the F word really mean? I said not that one its made up, my 6 year old said F word ? You mean F**** is a bad word, so is Screw bad too?"

My 4 yr old grandson Payton was play fighting with his mom's boyfriend told him "Screw You" Of course, his mom, Bri told him "Payton it's not nice to say that - you can't talk to people like that" He said "But Mom what if I need a Screwwwwww Driver?" She said that was it - she had kept a straight face up until then - she lost it - busted out laughing.

Life is never dull with my bunch!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

also she has an older sister, Lexi 4 who can't WAIT to tell us when her sister says it.

Ohhhhhhhhh............poor Bella!! LOL My sister was like that......only she is 2 years younger. I couldn't get away with anything!! Then.........when I turned 16, got my first car and a social life mom always told me "Take your sister with you". AAAAAARRRRGGGG............I got ratted out so many times I'm surprised i still have a rear end left LOL.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

That is definitely a song Payton would sing!!! too funny!!!!