Blogs

Notices

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 21

Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Japic05 View Post
cindy - how's your gallbladder????? - how about ouchie, ouchie??

What is a gall bladder?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I'll confess - I'm a State employee!! - oops - I know that really hurts for the tax dollars.

But actually my job has been outsourced, and I know you are probably tired of hearing me say these word and I am tired of saying them, yes, since Hurricanes Katrina & Rita. I am a Real Estate Agent for the State - I purchase property & assist in relocating property owners when the Government purchases their homes/business for Hwy/Bridge construction.

BUT since the majority of our State's money is going to repair damaged roads and that is occuring in previously acquired Right of Way - there isn't any property for me to acquire. Any small projects that we do have, are going to the consultants. So that is why I have free time to visit with ya'll.

They are slowly doing away with our office thru attrition - My boss retires next year, not replacing him - My co-worker left about a month ago - not replacing him - It's a good thing we aren't busy - lol
Old 07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

not exactly sure what it is, but I know that some of your symptoms sound familiar - a couple of yrs ago I had to have mine removed - I kept getting like the stomach virus. Pain in my upper right quardrant, nausea, vomiting, etc. - a lot of belching, sour stomach - especially with rich or spicy foods (cheese sauces, fried foods, etc)

Hurt like under your rib cage on the right side?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Anvil I swear we must share somehow the same brain. I get lectures on that all the time!!! I even had my renewal hanging on the fridge and do u think I could have mailed it off on time, or go online and do it, or hell made it to the DMV Oh no too much work!!! I drove around with them expired for about 2 weeks then when I got them I drove around with them in the car. Here we put them on the windshields so its not so obvious as on the tags but still likes its alot of work. I waited til scott got in big mistake and said I thought u were going to the DMV I said I did the new ones are right here!!! OH BOY here we go again 30 min later HE had the new ones all nice on the window and we could FINALLY go eat!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Pain in my upper right quardrant, nausea, vomiting, etc. - a lot of belching, sour stomach - especially with rich or spicy foods (cheese sauces, fried foods, etc)
I started to say uh oh, cause Friday and Saturday I was getting dull aches on right side, but they were lower closer to pelvic bone.

I had an ulcer at 12, and what I remember it felt like this a bit. I called dr they said give it time if persists more than a weak, if I get fever or start vomiting come in otherwise it ay just be IBS
Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I hadn't heard that for either - My daughter had her appendix removed last week - I was shocked that they were able to do surgery - she was in her 13 week of her pregnancy - had the surgery - no problem - went home the next day.

Her & baby are doing fine - The ER staff asked her a series of questions - after giving her pain meds - the main one was "are you hungry?" - which she said "No way" Nurse said - "It's your appendix, 9 out of 10 x after pain meds - you will be hungry, especially if you haven't eaten in a few hours because of the pain - but if it is your appendix you aren't hungry for anything."

Sure enought - 2 hrs later - she's in surgery.

Never heard about hitting the bottom of the foot - must be something with that Reflexology?

Anyway - I finally made it 3:30 - see ya later, gater!!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Anvil, me too that sall I can say.

Last year I was pulled over 2 days after tag expired and got a $60 ticket. Mines due in 2 weeks, d you think Ive gotten it yet?
NOPE.

Actually I dont think Ive ever gotten one early or even on time, why start shocking DMV
Old 07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great now I'm sitting here hitting the bottom of my foot with a meat tenderizor!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
grateful rca

look cinder, could you please have that checked out, sounds kind of like what i felt wks coming up to me getting sick. i told you, hearing about stomach pains has a new meaning to me these days.

i had a stomach pain and ended up with an ulcer that i didn't know about that ate a whole in my stomach. don't want to scare you but you are scaring me, i hope you don't spend too much time guessing what it could be.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well thats not good, cause my backs been so bad that if you hit either foot Ill curl up in pain.

Ok now I have heartburn, which Ive never had not 8 months pregnant (an NO thats not it)
so Im really thinking ulcer, gonna try some Tagament tonite
Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
look cinder, could you please have that checked out, sounds kind of like what i felt wks coming up to me getting sick. i told you, hearing about stomach pains has a new meaning to me these days.

i had a stomach pain and ended up with an ulcer that i didn't know about that ate a whole in my stomach. don't want to scare you but you are scaring me, i hope you don't spend too much time guessing what it could be.

My doctor said if its just started make a note of it and come in next week if it doesnt stop. Course she said STOP the sodas too
Old 07-19-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Maybe this is a woman thing the whole dmv thing. I mean men seem to be so on top of this stuff I am not. Such a slacker. Laketime to u always renew your tags on time? I need to know. Off to dinner with the ladies. Have a good night everyone.

Cinder I think its stress u got alot going on now with work, ah, other house, all these things do affect people.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Alright I'll put it away nothing happened so I guess I'm as healthy as I can get huh! Hmm I was gonna comment on something hmm what was it. Oh well I guess this happens once u turn 32! I'm sure it will come to me once I walk out the door.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
Alright I'll put it away nothing happened so I guess I'm as healthy as I can get huh! Hmm I was gonna comment on something hmm what was it. Oh well I guess this happens once u turn 32! I'm sure it will come to me once I walk out the door.

Yep and you suddenly have a legite pharmacy bill every month and all these other concerns, like needing to know what and where your gall bladder is.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Id like to end with a joke:

OLD people have problems that you haven't even considered yet!
An 85-year-old man was requested by his
doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical exam.
The doctor gave the man a jar and said, "Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow."
The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as it was on the
previous day.
The doctor asked what happened and the man
explained, "Well, doc, it's like this - first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. Then I asked my wife for help. She tried
with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing.
We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezing' it between her knees, but still nothing.
The doctor was shocked! "You asked your
neighbor?"
The old man replied, "Yep, none of us could get the jar open."
LoL
Old 07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ok I Got One
A Man At Dinner With His Wife Gets Approached By A Younger Woman Who Gives Him An Open Mouthed Kiss And Says Ill See You Later.
The Wife Ask Whose That.
The Man Replies My Mistress.
She Says Ill Have None Of This I Want A Divorce.
He Says Well Ok But That Would End The Endless Shopping Sprees In N York, The Vacations In Barbados, All The Lexus, And Mercedes Would Have To Go Back
About This Time She Sees One Of Their Mutual Friends With Another YounG Girl.
Whose That With Jim She Asked
The Man Replies, Thats His Mistress
She Says "ours Is Prettier"
Old 07-19-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Paperdolls and I are friends, we used to hang out in mental health, but it gets boring down there sometimes.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i knew i saw paperdolls somewhere, i used to peek in and out of there too. its was kind of always lonely there whenever i peeped in.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i guess ah is still trying to show me he cares by calling everyday, yea right. he tells me that he thinks something is about to happen. i wonder what? he mentioned something about how i all of a sudden decided to get childsupport, i guess thats some kind of sign for him.

he's still trying to make me believe its mine and the kids fault that he decided that he didn't want to live with us, and before he does come back to live with us, i first i have to show signs that i'm in my right mind. i mean this just shows me how sick an addicted mind can get. i think he really believes that he has that kind of power over my life.

oh yeah, he says that i don't have enough will power to stay off drugs, and that is so true in my opinion, i need all the help i can get, and i know this. in the very next sentence, i hear that he is doing good cutting back on his drug use, even though he blow his whole paycheck friday, its not as bad as it use to be, now he don't have to have it. now what kind of junk is this? i guess he's controlling it now, huh? oh well.

thank god i know that its not me who's not thinking straight
Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

sounds like he is still very much living in the addict state of denial, teke...

don't let his comments and "pats on the back" fool ya... you've been there, done that and I know you don't want to take that trip again!

You readily admit that you need all the help you can get when it comes to your addiction.... that is a sure sign that you don't want to go backwards...

just keep using all the tools you have learned... you have come so far!