She's home

Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She's home

My daughter came home from rehab after 54 days. She is doing well, meeting, got a job, attending IOP (Intensive out pt) treatment for 6 weeks. She is being respectful, taking care of herself--has fixed up every day and worked on her tan. Alot different than the last few months.

Went to see her grandmother. She's still junking, clothes are clean but on the bed, so I just shut the door. She became a little upset because I wouldn't let her drive my car to look for a job. She had a "fit" and I walked away. Eventually she asked if I would take her and seemed more calm. We have told her, and her home contract states, after she has a job, obtained insurance she will be allowed to drive to IOP, AA, work only for 60 days. She said she understood she wasn't going to be given everything back and able to do as she pleases.

I am so glad she is at her meeting...I can finally relax. What part of "contract" doesn't she get? One good thing, she hasn't mentioned cell phone at all!!! At her AA she calls when she gets there from their phone--I thought that was nice. I asked her to call from IOP as it is 35 miles away. She said there was a pay phone she would, but she wouldn't ask any one else to borrow a phone. I made it through many years w/o a cell phone--hope she can make it one night!!

Keep us in your prayers, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am really trying, but catch myself in old ways...worrying, awfulizing, and getting plain ol' mad!
susan

Last edited by caileesnana; 07-18-2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Try and live in today with her, I know, easier said than done. But that's all you really have, today.

Maybe, this is her turning point, a pivitol moment in life...lets hope so.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, she just called from the counselors office! Wanted me to know she made it safely. One more point for her for doing something she really didn't have to but I sure appreciate!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

you daughter is lucky to have such a caring mom. now, be patient (with yourself and her) and get your momself to as many alanon/naranon meetings as you can!

that's the best advice this mom has, k
Old 07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

This is awesome that your daughter is working at recovery, just awesome!
Hopefully, the relationship you have with her sober now, will cont. to get better.
This is defin. a test of patience. I hope she makes it !!!!!!!! I have no idea where my son is so even with your frustration please give your daughter a big big hug and kiss and tell her how proud of her you are, how happy you are that she is home and that you love her.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i LOVE those positive calls too - k
Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Susan, I have been wondering how things were going for you two. I was glad to see your post. I know it's not going to be easy, but enjoy the good times. It sounds like she is doing all of the right things so far. She has come a long way, it will take both of you time to be comfortable. You remain in my daily prayers. Call me when you can talk.

Luv.........Lois
Old 07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds as if both of you are adjusting well. Keep up the good work. Don't forget about yourself during this new phase.Sending prayers your way for you and your daughter.
Terri
Old 07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The only thing that I will say is to enjoy her today. Make memories again, good ones. I am so happy for you and for your daughter. Mine used to always call me when she went somewhere to let me know she was okay. That was always one of my favorite things about her. Thanks for sharing your good news and here are some prayers that it will last forever. Remember to be gentle with yourself. You will make mistakes, you are human. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by caileesnana View Post
My daughter came home from rehab after 54 days. She is doing well, meeting, got a job, attending IOP (Intensive out pt) treatment for 6 weeks. She is being respectful, taking care of herself--has fixed up every day and worked on her tan. Alot different than the last few months.

Went to see her grandmother. She's still junking, clothes are clean but on the bed, so I just shut the door. She became a little upset because I wouldn't let her drive my car to look for a job. She had a "fit" and I walked away. Eventually she asked if I would take her and seemed more calm. We have told her, and her home contract states, after she has a job, obtained insurance she will be allowed to drive to IOP, AA, work only for 60 days. She said she understood she wasn't going to be given everything back and able to do as she pleases.

I am so glad she is at her meeting...I can finally relax. What part of "contract" doesn't she get? One good thing, she hasn't mentioned cell phone at all!!! At her AA she calls when she gets there from their phone--I thought that was nice. I asked her to call from IOP as it is 35 miles away. She said there was a pay phone she would, but she wouldn't ask any one else to borrow a phone. I made it through many years w/o a cell phone--hope she can make it one night!!

Keep us in your prayers, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am really trying, but catch myself in old ways...worrying, awfulizing, and getting plain ol' mad!
susan

I am so happy for you I could just cry!!

I know it's hard to think positive and not wait for the other shoe to drop.

I did something dumb last week, and I figured it out, it wasn't anything major, just small, but I figured out 'how I caused it to happen'....

The only reason I figured it out was because I keep these two things right by my computer. I don't know where or how I heard them, but I wrote them down, and I read it everyday. Not sure if it will help you but it helps me.

"You will act in such a way that people will finally comply with what you believe and act in a way that confirms your belief to be true"

&

"You will delete and distore what you perceive so as to make a belief seem to be true, even if it is not"

I'm not saying YOU do that at all, I'm just saying that helps me a lot...
Especially when I start to worry about 'other people' or things outside of
myself, cuz sometimes I want to think and control everything around me,
in some weird way I think it keeps me safe, when in reality it does the
exact opposite.

I'm really happy for you both!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ah the joys of returning from rehab, I'm right there with you. Would you like some duct tape?? My ad is without her cell, too. She thought I would give her money for it to be turned on again, yeah right!!!!
Rather than taking it one day at a time, try minute to minute, it helps. And let her know you're proud of her, and mad too, feelings are feelings, you're entitled to them.
Will swap prayers with you...........
Old 07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I wish I had a mother like you. Youve really got it down!
Keep your boundary lines and your contract!!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Thatswayworldgoesround

Just to say I'm glad for her and for you, and here's to continued recovery. Every clean day at the beginning is a miracle, you know?

Love,
Bets
Old 07-19-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

as long as she works her program everyday & is going to meeting she will get stronger in her recovery everyday. remember u are powerless & her recovery is hers. easy does it.continue to take care of yourself.sending prayers for you & her both.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

so glad to hear everything is good and daughter is home. it is very nerve racking, but hang in there. one day at a time. prayers to you.