My update

Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

My update

Hey guys I havent really been around much lately. So many things going on that at times it seems hard to put into words.

I went to an amusment park last week with my daughter, abf, and my sister and her family. To make a long story short we had a great time until we were on the bus. My neice was in the bathroom and her dad wanted to use it. My neice was just doing her hair and he had to really use it. They went back and forth and I think my brother in law tried to push her out the bathroom and my neice hit her father. he hit her back and it took three people to get my neice out the bathroom and hitting her dad.

My neice is 16 years old. She is an angry child from my sister mentally and some times physically abusing her. Her father was an active addict for the first 8 years of her life. But he changed and has been supporting his four kids and my sister the past 8 years. He is not a violent man, he is sweet kind and quiet. Him hitting my neice is not like him and I know my neice provoked him. My sister saw this as her way to come in and rescue my neice so to speak to show she is there for her which I guess is good. My sister got pissed when I told her that her daughter was wrong for hitting her father. She sent me to hell and back screamed and yelled. A couple of days later I spoke with my neice and told her how I felt. That I don't believe she should have hit her dad, that she needed to listen to when he first said to get out but that doesnt mean that i dont love you. I told her she needs to know when she is wrong. You could tell she appreciated everything that I had to say. There was a lot more that I said but its hard to remember everything right now.

I just lost the only coworker I trusted at my office. Office politics going on here and I dont like it and feel very uncomfortable now.

Michael is getting so big and thinks he is a man. Oh yeah he seems to have no fear of anything.... I know this little guy is going to put me through a lot in the future.

My daughter is developing more than I would like. She scares me to death.

Abf is still doing the same he has hi good days and bad days. We had a great time at the water park though. He is still providing for the household.

I feel lost though and alone. I think maybe I feel this way cause I havent been on much or rather interacting with you guys.

You guys are on my mind more than you could imagine.

Jewel
Old 07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I've missed you Jewelz. Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your niece and co-worker. Hang in there sweetie. We're always here for you.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
President

I was wondering where you were! Well, I'm glad at least you all were able to enjoy the time at the amusement park! As for the rest... just breathe! I'm really useless as far as good advice goes today, but I figure breathing is always helpful! Luv ya girl and miss ya!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I missed you to jewelz. i'm sorry about the trouble with your niece and your coworker. I know how you feel about your kids growing up, i feel the same way. sometimes i wish i could just stop time and keep them little forever! remember, one day at a time, we're all here for you anytime you need us. keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Jewelz,
I'm glad you stopped in.
I'm sorry the day turned bad, but better ones are around the corner.
I KNOW what you mean when you say your daughter is developing too fast. For me, ANY development was too fast.
I still wish I could have kept them young (when they still thought I was the smartest person on the planet )
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Jewelz))) Glad to see you checking in. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you get the drama even if you want no part in it. Your niece is lucky to have you in her life. I know about the developing daughter scaring you. My daughter got wolf whistles from older men when she was in the 6th grade. Don't be a stranger. We can always use your voice around here at SR. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Jewelz. Sorry to hear about your rough time with family and work, but it will pass. Just try to stay out of the drama as best you can. We are always here to chitchat!!

Last edited by tropikgal2; 07-14-2007 at 05:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for stopping in & giving an update. i love to know what is going on with everybody. miss u jewelz, we are always here.hugs,
Old 07-15-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow you daughters developing? Im glad I have boys, its scarey enough that my almost 10 year old is wearing eodorant and trying to look good for the girls
Old 07-15-2007, 08:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey there Jewelz, I've been thinking about you and praying things were going well...I'm sorry life still has its moments and that things are the same with your boyfriend. Really sorry that you feel lost and alone...You are never alone...we're here for you and you have a strong sense of your God.
I'm with Cece...how nice it would be to keep them little and protected form the world forever. Hugs and prayers
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi jewelz- It sounds like maybe this whole incident with your niece has opened a new line of communication between the two of you. It's good to know that a young person with her background has somebody like you in her life.
It's nice to hear from you
Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad Your Back
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Thanks guys for everything that you have said to me. It means a lot to me and even though I haven't been posting I think of all of you often.

Jewel
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey jewlz! great to see you on the board! k