Codie with a backbone!!

Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Codie with a backbone!!

Hello all, I am just so excited that I have been able to be supportive and not give in and be a enabling Codie that I was. XAH recently was been put out of service at work for an investigation of an incident at work, that possible was not his fault, but Karma is really getting him right now. But then after that he has lost his place to live. SO he is out of work (for at least 30 days and probably will loose his job) and homeless. I have been debating if I should help him out. We have an appt over the garage that he could use, but then he would be right here always. and i have decided not to do anything. I did give him a grocery store gift card we got several years ago and $30 so he can come see our daughter for his B-day (It is going to be his b day present). Which is today on Friday the 13Th!!AAHHH at least it not a full moon too!!

BUt is feels so good to be able to see the whole picture before jumping in to help him. The Codie in me wants to help someone who is jobless and homeless, but the aware person in me says "WHAT ARE YOU THINkING, it could be a ploy to get to youa you and it is not the right choice for you." Plus he recently relapsed after 6 months clean!! and now the Mood swings are hitting from the after effects of using.

I still have bad days but I am geting much closer to my logicaly way of thinking. I have all you to thank for heklping me find my strength to do what i need to do for ME and my daughter. I just had to share such a wonderful feeling of strength.

Alone
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree, it is wonderful to see the progress we've made!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

Yep - I've been reminded a couple of times today already, that "staying out of the way" is integral to THEIR learning. What a great gift you are giving him... and I don't mean the grocery card.

((hugs))