A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 19

Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
oh and I FISH TOO, by the way!

But .......can you clean them?? LOL...........probably. That's the one thing I never learned how to do.......clean fish. I like to fish though. Noah has to take me as soon as I get home.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Fish R our friends.

I just cant take a knife to them, and can not watch
Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Cinder. . .you have a pretty smile and only the short time I've been around here, seem very thoughtful, helpful and sweet. I like the color of your hair in that pic.

Anvil. . .I LOVE to fish, but around here. . .up here in the desert, ha! The only lakes around here have nothing called trees around 'em. When I lived in DFW my xah and I went fishing ALL THE TIME!!! And. . .wanna know something? I can even bait my own hook!!

As a matter of fact, I fixed this hanging thing for my porch, that spins around with fishing line last week and I was surprised to find out I can still tie a fishing knot!!!! Well now aren't I special?????
Old 07-12-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
born and raised in SE Alaska, Salmon Capital of the World, my mom part owner of a resort, commodore of the "yacht club" - what do you think???? i'd prefer not to so much these days, but that's why we have Hank.........

lol
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Anvil, was thinking of you the other day, cause my Grandma is on an Alaskan Cruise and I think tomorrow comes into port in Seattle will tour Space Needle and fly home all night SAturday.

I cant wait to hear about her trip she signed up for a dog sled (in summer?) and a wale watching trip.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thank God!! I'm outta here. Now.......back on the road for another hour and a damn half home. Ugh.................
Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

OH you people that are a hour ahead of me, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Im outta here too.

Later everyone, hmm still not raining outside, looks like Im going out to my friends
Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, oops sorry, I used to live in California, when I was little. Hell was I ever little. . .let me rephrase that. . .when I was younger LOL
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i don't know what you guys are talking about but i like to fish and i do like to fish.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

It's fun if you go where there's something to catch too, around here, not much!!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that. So there's another thing we can talk about . . .

The sad state our dear Mother Earth is in?????
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Here too, it's hot and there are a few thunder heads out, but they may not gather up and rain here. When it does rain lately though the bottom just falls out. Get lots and lots really hard real quick. Most of it just runs right off!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Anvil...that pic of hank, the one in the boat, just change the hair to grey/red irish curly and you have my xabf. anf the more you talk about him...the cooking etc.
They are twins, except yours got sober.
I still love him, always will. Talk on the phone regularly and when we go home to Indiana we stay at his place. I teased him the other night telling I hate it when he tells me about dinner...as he eats better than anyone I know...and very little of it from the grocery. He says vegetarian is an Indian word for lousy hunter. He was having fresh caught bluegill last night.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
President

I just watched out the window as my downstairs neighbor went through my garbage. I really think that's disgusting! Not sure what to do about it, or if I even want to do anything about it! Sooooooo weird!!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Cinder,

I take a nap each day and have been trudging through The Art of Virtue by Benjamin Franklin..reading a few pages or a chapter at a time. I like the message but find it tiring to read. Anyway I finally finished the two chapters on his religion, a subject that greatly wears on my nerves and I turn the page and.....look what I found...
I quote:

Hope is a virtue of inestimable worth. With it, all things are possible; without it, all is lost. Hope is the mainspring of action in all intelligent beings. It is hope that gives us the courage to venture something new and the patience to persist in something difficult. It is hope that makes another day worth living, another problem worth solving, another opportunity worth taking. To hope may be attributed the perpetuation of the species, for it is in hope that we bring forth our own, nurture them throughout youth, and send them forth into a hostile and dangerous world to do the same. From a child learning to walk to the olympic sprinter, from slave to master, from midwife to surgeon, from male to female, from young to old, from one culture to another, hope is the magnet that pulls us forward, giving focus to thought, purpose to action, and meaning to existance.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

UUUUUUUUnnnnnnnnnbefreakingleivable The shyte I had to go through just to get home!! It took me 1 hour to get 2 miles on the interstate because some dumbars decided to cause a slight fender bender and EVERYONE had to stop and take a peek. I can't stand rubber neckers!! What is everyone's fascination with blood???

So.........my oh so dependable ride decides it's been sitting long enough and starts to overheat again............why not......it's only what feels like 200 degrees outside already! I seem to be the only one who's not running her a/c........why???? Glad you asked.........BECAUSE I CAN'T!! The truck will overheat for sure then. Soooooo........with sweat pouring out my body like a man, make up now running down my face...........I'm miserable......my mother calls!!!!!!! I won't even get into that disturbing conversation.

I get home, get out of the beast.....inside the dog and cat have had yet another house wrecking party. I look down........thought I was kinda walking funny. My feet and my ankles are swollen...........I 'd swear I was pregnant cept I haven't had any pre-pregnancy fun since leaving Texas so that can't be it.

I love this place LOL. ugh..................At least I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do now. Lesson learned the hard but effective way.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I have felt that way too, I can't get home unless I go over a bridge(s), when I get stuck on them,due to an small fender bender, why the hell don't they keep driving and get off the bridge, no, they just stand around their cars and talk, waiting for our crack sheriff's to arrive...well, there are no shoulders, so, the ever ready sheriff's can't reach them either...Duh! Finally I let my road rage set in, hop our of my car, and explain it to them...Jeez, talk about stupido's.

I can sit for an hour, I am trapped...I have thought about just jumping over the rail and swimming home, I could make it faster, and be cool too.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post

I can sit for an hour, I am trapped...I have thought about just jumping over the rail and swimming home, I could make it faster, and be cool too.

Ohhhhhhh.......if that were an option. I'd gladly abandon my car and go for that swim. I'd have a better luck dealing with the sharks.........who BTW would totally have nothing to do with me based soley on my deoderants inability to withstand 200 degree florida heat and humidity.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yeah, Florida is the stinky arm pit of the world....when you move to Fl, the welcome center should hand out free clothespins...Whew!