Blogs

Notices

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 19

Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I saved it in favorites....tomorrow I will hook up my printer.
Thank you for a gift quite precious to me.
I have spent many an hour, many a day, many months, many years studying and will never get enough of it.

I read from it at my son's funeral, my own wedding and my daughter's wedding. And anytime I am asked to share a reading it will be from the prophet.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Loves, next time you are near a pharmacy...go in and check your blood pressure, please.

Ok.......Noah keeps asking me about my blood pressure. Does that have anything to do with any of the way I feel??
Old 07-13-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yes, it may have alot to do with it. Most Albertsons have a blood pressure reader too...and the "older" man you rent from might have one of his own, I haven't met one person over 65 who doesn't.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

loves................it could be related to your blood pressure............

just walk in any fire dept and they will take it for you!!!! ( they will here anyhow)Thats a plus........find out how your pressure is and see the hotties!!
or as someone else said..........go to the grocery store or pharmacy...........

edema can be related to some more serious issues, which I'll bet is why noah is on you about it..............
try the things others here have told you....no salt etc and check the pressure.......
and if all elase fails go to an ER they have to treat you ins or not
Old 07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Soooo..........at worst, this could have something to do with my heart?? I'm a little nervous. I've been really stressed out. I haven't swollen up like this since I was pregnant with my second child. I mean.......it just happened all of the sudden......last night as a matter of fact. I don't want to die.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Just please check your blood pressure and really you need bed rest, lay on your left side. Try to avoid being on your feet. If you sit, hope you have a lounger and prop your feet up with a pillow. How long has this been going on?

If your blood presure is high, you must go to a Dr immediately or risk a stroke. You will likely be put on Labetol. I have no reactions to it and take it before my period as the hormones cause blood pressure spikes and migraines. My daughter had a bad reaction to it, but her condition was far more serious....as in emergency and possible stroke. And must take it anyway.

Sorry to scare you.

It could be nothing and quite simple. But first I want you to check this much and know that you are safe.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Go get your blood pressure checked, Loves. Now would be a swell time. Edema is nothing to mess with...it's a sign that there's something big or small going wonky with your circulatory system, and if it's come on all at once it's enough to make one frown. Do you know how to measure your heart rate? (one of those machines at the grocery store pharmacy will tell you) Tell us what your heart rate is, how many beats per minute?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I'm going to go next door to my landlords and see if I can use his machine. I'll be back in a few minutes to let you know, because I have no idea about any of this.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Well, yes, I wasn't going to say it but it is possible that is related to your heart.
Don't fool around.
Is it just your feet ankles or other places as well?

How about please call the ER and tell them about it and ask if you should come in?
That sounds to me like the smartest thing to do.

Both times my daughter had the swelling and too high blood pressure, it was no fooling around....go directly to the hospital NOW.

Please go ahead and call....stress will spike blood pressure. They wouldn't let anyone be around my daughter because she needed to be free of even the stress of talking to anyone or their worrying. She needed to avoid being upset in any way as it was a serious danger to her.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Ok.............I checked my blood pressure and its 153 over 88 and my pulse is 104. Is that good or bad??
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok yall, haven't even heard from mr addict, not even surprized. thanks to my dear friend here, i was able to buy a few groceries. i'm so grateful. i'm just lost for words.

i think i need to go back to the hospital, to have the stiches checked, maybe the wound is trying to open a little. being under the weather is not sitting with me very well, i'm trying to take care of myself but seems like i'm not doing such a good job at taking it easy. i think maybe i should have stayed at my daughters a little longer.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
Ok.............I checked my blood pressure and its 153 over 88 and my pulse is 104. Is that good or bad??
Hi. The bottom number is pretty good i think, but the top number is high. Not sure about the pulse....
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

here is information on edema

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...ency/edema.jsp
Old 07-13-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

blood pressure-what is normal range?

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us
Old 07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Thanks Rae..........so it is a little high, but not as high as it could be from what I'm reading. I need to start calming my butt down.......de stress, eat better, .............ok.......going to lay down with feet elevated, and read my daughter a book. thanks again guys. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Please do. The pulse is a bit high, but that can easily be explained by stress, worry, anxiety, fear.

As a comparison...my blood pressure in not that high when I have hormone spikes and take the blood pressure med....but am not allowed to take it if my pulse is not at least 59.

Raerae...thanks....for the info and your knowledge of the computer to provide that info.!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I looked it up you are only 4 beats above normal, no need for concern. That is easily explanable!

But if the swelling doesn't go down with rest and a monitored diet quickly, please go to DR.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

My mom had edema for a while. I can't remember what caused it.

I'm trying to remember...

well gee that was a helpful post, huh?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Very helpful and thanks everyone. It has been quite the wake up call though for me to start taking better care of myself.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
grateful rca

whew, the paramedics think that maybe i kind of scraped the surface of the wound causing it to bleed a little. they told me what to watch out for and they think i don't need to go to the emergency room right now. i think that i maybe over doing it a little and need to start over. no stressing and no straining.