A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 19

Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
Can someone explain what ROFLMAO; i am trying to learn your lingo here !!!!!

Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Took me a while to figure it out at first too (ROFLMAO)

Some of the others still takes me a while - but I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

Well it's Friday almost 3:30 - so I'm outta here - Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend - Always remember to be good to YOU - You deserve it.

See ya on Monday,
Rita
Old 07-13-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

There is no way I could catch up with everything thats going on here at SR.

So much I want to say. I will try to update later or just write a new thread.

Miss you guys more than you know.

Jewel
Old 07-13-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Dang none of the bast*rds sent me any money. . .I'm jealous now. . .another one of my finest character defects, lol And. . . I did marry a couple of 'em too
Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Well imagine that. . .I get out of the way and abf calls and asks me if I want to do a meeting tonight AND tomorrow night, hallelujah praise the lord. Will this mean. . .what he could be willing??????? Oh let's don't get ahead of ourselves now. Wonder if he knows it's a meeting and no nookie afterwards, I'm such a b*tch.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

OMG I have SUCH a HUGE thing for CHEESE. . . that's why I gained this week I swear it is. I could LIVE on tortillas and cheese!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Popping in to say hello. Hope everyone's doing ok. I've got to do some reading to get all caught up here.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

What is Edema?? My daughter's friend works in a nursing home. They came over to visit me and she said it looks like that's what I have. I didn't even notice but Steph said my face and everything looks really swollen. Is it dangerous?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I'm no doctor but I think it's water retention really bad?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Loves, if you mash your finger down like on the top of your foot and hold it there for a minute, does it leave an indention when you move it?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Yea......I can press down and it leaves a big ole ..........like a squish ball. I just got over my .......you know......so I can't be pregnant can I?? If I was ..........No.....that can't be it. I'm feeling pretty good compared to last night and today. I took a water pill a few minutes ago. I've never had this before except in my last pregnancy. My diet has sucked lately.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Ok. Thanks guys. I'm going to pick up my little one from her dad's. No salt........lots of water.......I have run myself into the ground that's for sure. Maybe time to start thinking about me.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
I second that!! It's not pride Teke taking what is owed to you. Believe me. After my exabf moved out of state, he offered to send me some money. See he had left me with everything past due, no food in the house.........you name it. I was about to have a panic attack from hell.

After giving it some thought........I let him. He sent me $200 which was no where near what he had taken from me, but it put some food in my frig. and paid part of the light bill. I think I even told him thank you for some reason. I guess because he really could have been a complete scum bag and not send anything.

I'm much like you. I'm very prideful. My sister had offered to send me some money of which I refused. I just couldn't do it. In my mind it was letting him off the hook. But pride isn't always the best thing to have depending on the situation you're in. No.......I never did let her help, but I managed. I made it and for that I was proud.

Try to keep it like a business transaction between you and your AH. If that's possible I mean. It's a mind set and takes practice, but you may at least get what you need from him...........I know you don't want anything, but sometimes......need is a little different IMO.
thats all it is as far as i'm concern, and according to the things he said on his way out the door, its all about the kids. when i went into the hospital, i did have food, he stayed until every can good was gone. i guess he must of lived off kool aid. he even left all the utilities bills for me to pay. i wake up and realize that i've been married to like a "vaga bond", somebody who makes themselves at home in someone else house while they are on vacation or something, in this case, someone who's in the hospital.

yeah i think he owes me, and i'm praying that in getting this divorce, THAT i will get some kind of compensation in the form of allimony, even if its only a few dollars.

anyway, i'm just relaying to you all what he said, we all know what addicts do, so its no guarentee that he'll even show up.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
President

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
Oh My Gaaaawwwwwwwwddddddd!! I haven't felt this yucky since.........heck, I don't remember. Slowly starting to come out of what seemed like a sleep induced coma. Not throwing up anymore thank goodness, but too afraid to eat LOL. Oh wait.......maybe that's why I haven't gotten sick. Either way........I hope everyone else is having a splended Friday the 13th. These are usually my lucky days go figure.
If you could spread germs through the computer, I'd apologize, cause you sound exactly like me!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
President

Teke - Why do you have to meet with him, why can't you just tell him to leave the money in the mailbox or something!?!?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Teke,

I agree w/Never....how about him going to Amscot, getting a free money order, and slapping a 41 cent stamp on an envelope and mailing it to you. Simple, easy and quick...
Old 07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Gosh Loves, I hope you are ok. . .

Teke, I know you will be ok and you can get through this. Hang in there.

Well guys, gotta have a dad gum plumber come out in the morning!!! DANGIT

So for now I gotta shower in standing water EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW. At least it will be MY dirty water, lol Stupid flipper thingy on the drain is broken. Why is it all this kind of stuff happens on the frickin weekend? And. . .I'm pretty resourceful and can fix most things, but when I took it apart, it is just flat broken and I can not get the rest of it from down in the overflow pipe. . .ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
Gotta get ready for my big . . ."date" to a meeting

Hope all of you have a wonderful FRIDAY FRICKIN NITE!!!!! Maybe some of you will be up late???????
Old 07-13-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Loves, next time you are near a pharmacy...go in and check your blood pressure, please.

Teke, I sure wish I had or could find my copy of The Prophet so I could share with you the Truth about giving and receiving. It is so beautifully written,....anyway both are natural in life and in our environment and is important to both. Actually necessary.
You, too, loves.
Friendship is a gift. We accept that. A smile is a gift, shared..a gift to both. Laughter is a gift shared. Love is a great gift and each of us here give love and it improves and pleases us. Money is one of the smallest gifts in many ways. Accept gifts with a thank you and know that both the giver and receiver are blessed by it.

think for a moment of Christmas with your children, who actually enjoys the greater pleasure...it is we, the parents, seeing our children's excitement and joy. They are happy too, of course, but I think the greatest pleasure is felt by the giver. And remembered fondly for far more years.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Live,
The whole text of The Prophet is here: http://www.kahlil.org/prophetpf

I was going to copy the Giving chapter but didn't know what part you wanted to share with Teke

This is the part I personally like:

There are those who give little of the much which they have - and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome.

And there are those who have little and give it all.

These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.

And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism.

And there are those who give and know not pain in giving, nor do they seek joy, nor give with mindfulness of virtue;

They give as in yonder valley the myrtle breathes its fragrance into space.

Through the hands of such as these God speaks, and from behind their eyes He smiles upon the earth.

Love to everybody
GL
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Thank you very much! More than I can say. I want to save that link. I have read from it at funerals and weddings and his eloquence and wisdom never fails to astonish me.
I keep giving away my copies! LOL