A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 19

Old 07-13-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Thanks so much you guys are so priceless. I have become addicted to this site and this thread!! Oh great another addiction. Ya'll wanna come move in and "fix" me for a while???? I am ALWAYS in NEED of positive reinforcement, does that ever go away? Do you ever get better and can make it a day or a week without someone to give you a pep talk?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

If I ever think that I can make it without the support of my "recovery" friends then I know I'm in really bad shape.

Isolation was and still can be one of my biggest self-defeating character defects. I have to keep reaching out - even when I don't want to - or else I'll keep getting what the first 39 yrs of my life got me - sick, sick, sick
Old 07-13-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Well I must say I am grateful for finding you guys!!! It's like being on the phone with my sponsor ALL day and ALL night!!! Or. . .being in a 24 hr meeting. LOVE IT. But really I want to get better and I really know deep down inside that I am, whew ya'll think I'm a nutjob now, shoulda seen me years ago!!! Even my early attempts to get clean & sober, WHOA! Not a pretty sight!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Talk about not a pretty site -

I have a friend in recovery - that worked at the treatment center that my AH went to - of course I wasn't going to any "program" at the time so I had the typical ANGRY family look - She said that her co-workers and her would hate to have to talk to me when I brought him clothes & stuff - they were like "you wait on her, I helped her last time"

Then she saw me about 8 months later & I had been attending Al-Anon meetings for about 3 months - she swears she did not recognize me - I looked that much like a different person!!

Guess what - I'm her Al-Anon sponsor - go figure???

Had to be a HP thing!!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

OH that's a miracle huh???
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

You know I'm grateful that in all my years of growing up, which is a lie, I did not start "really" growing up til I got to the programs. . .anyways, but the past 10 yrs or so. . .I am FULLY aware that I do NOT have to have a man in my life. Thank God I realized that too, cuz let me tell ya. . .I was pickin some real humdingers!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Certified nutjob - can I be an "Almond" - That's pretty much my favorite "nut"

It's friday - gotta be a little goofy - right?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Nut of any kind . . .just give me a nut. . .tee hee, that was really awful wasn't it???
Old 07-13-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I wish I could be as resolved as you guys. Today I really am NOT
Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

What's going on today Cinder?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Cook hahahaha Any nut!!! lol ok gutter mind. I personally like cashews but I must say on the outside I look sane but on the inside I think I might be certifiably (sp) nuts. So yep I qualify since its whats on the inside that counts.

Ok tent out of the middle of the family room. Cushions back on couch. Laundry in washer. Dishes STILL in sink!!! I'm ready to call it a day.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

OK people moral dilema. Scott and his boss normally go in on the lottery tickets and scott got his normal daily lottery and his boss didnt pay him and scott told him he doesnt want to do it with him. I would NEVER go in on a lottery ticket with anyone. I wont even buy a person a scratch off. So for fun scott played the #'s and they won he feels like crap cause he isnt saying anything but....... All of the #'s came in and its money we really need. What would u do.....?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Have a heart attack is what I would do. . . .

Actually I cannot say. . .but I guess no pay no play rule here.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

A few thousand!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I really dont know. Guess my rational and emotional sides are still arguing
Old 07-13-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Your all right. Thats the way I see it too. Now he did offer to pay AFTER he got paid and after scott found out he won. So he said no he didnt want to do it. Are we horrible. I mean it takes Hours for me just to call in sick to work cause I feel so bad doing it. Scotts the same way. He feels like he should say something then again technically he didnt play so NO. I'm done worrying abuot this!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Cinder, hang in there and this too shall pass!!

KJ, that guy can go F*ck his self if you know what I mean, of course you all of a sudden would wanna play AFTER you found out the #'s hit huh? A friend of mine used to call getting his lotto #'s getting his suicide #'s and I asked him what he meant, he said cuz if he didn't get 'em and he found out they won, he'd have to commit suicide
Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Its ours and we need it and thats that. YEAH F-ING HOO!!!! Besides his boss just got a nice raise and scott does all the work lol. Oh well this is why I dont do this stuff. Scott has played for years the same #'s so hey its about time. Going shopping!! Opps I mean paying bills then shopping....... No put it in the bank. I'm a mess. U would think this was a million dollars or something but to us its kinda like that.....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

No his boss has no idea the #'s came in or that scott won. He didnt say a word. So he knows nothing about the win which is good. Funny we were just talking about this the other night and scott was talking about how he hadnt paid him for the lottery tickets so what would happen if he won. Not really thinking that he would win. I said well if he doesnt pay u he doesnt win. Thats how I see it. He doesnt even know how to check the #'s or anything so thats good too.