So Darn Sad!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks To Each And Every One

I understand that kidney failure is very prevalent in kitties. Dogs have bad pancreases and we, humans, have bad cardiovascular systems.

Mr. Dev is outside now placing Rosie in her new resting place. He made her a nice little casket and we wrapped her in her favorite blanket.

Each time I have to do this, I swear I'll never get another animal. I'm already thinking about Gino being lonely without Rosie to harrass. We'll see how he does on his own.

I keep thinking how many poor little kittens there are out there that no one wants.

Raerae, I cannot believe you had a cat that lived that long. The oldest cat I had was 16. I have had lots of kitties and this is the first to die of this.

Lobo, I'm sorry I missed your post about your kitty. Now you're kitty will have company 'cause Rosie is on her way.

Nevergivingup, that's exactly how it happened to Rosie. All of a sudden she just stopped eating.

Joi that was so sweet.

Thanks for all your kindness.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

All, the website someone mentioned is really quite awesome:

www.petloss.com There is a candlelight ceremony that happens every Monday night across the miles where humans remember their furkids.

With love
Cats
Old 07-11-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by devastated View Post

Raerae, I cannot believe you had a cat that lived that long. The oldest cat I had was 16.

yeah, I had the "butterbean" for 19 years, longer than any relationship!!! I loved that cat!!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am so sorry your little kitty is suffering. I knwo it is very hard on you and your family too. Pets ARE family members. I love my dogs, they are like my kids because I dont' have any. Unfortunately, we usually outlive our pets (if we are lucky); that is the law of nature.
((HUGS))
Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, Dev, I'm having a little cry with you here. My Toby is not well either, although he's holding his own right now. The vet can do nothing more for him so we'll just keep him as long as it's kind. I know my heart will break just like yours is.

Ya know, you and I have shared our recovery a long time here, Dev, and it seems to me we've always done that with Rosie and Toby at our sides. When they get to kitty heaven I'm thinking they'll have a lot of stories to share with each other about their crazy owners.

Sending great big huge hugs to you and Mr. Dev.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Dev))))((((((Rosie)))))))

I am so sorry you lost your sweet girl...She will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge for sure...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I know exactly how that feels! Sounds like she was lucky to have you to take care of her for such a long time though... and how wonderful that the vet came to you (or at least as wonderful as it can be... at least kitty didn't have to get in the car)

*hugs*
Old 07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dev, I'm so sorry...Loosing a pet is so sad and painful... They are a vital and loved part of our families.
Thanks for making that tough decision though to let Rosie go. Once they are in such pain, it is a loving thing to relieve them of the suffering.

Thinking of you and sending prayers during this sad time. Hugs
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks so very much

Dear Friends thank you so very much for your comforting words, the websites were wonderful.

Catspajamas, I cried so much when I read your post! I hope it's true! I miss her so much already. Thank you for sharing that with me.

Normally kitties don't get sick with this kidney failure so young. I hope it wasn't anything that I did wrong. I've always had kitties and this is the first one to die of this disease. One big guy, Moose, died of diabetis, and that was a horrible death because he was in a lot of pain.

Ann I'm so sorry about Toby. You're right about our kitties by our sides throughout our recovery. How many tears were spilled onto to her fur. It was always like she knew when I was upset. I hope Toby gets well! Gino seems to be lost without Rosie to torment. He was crying and crying this morning, and looking in the closet were Rosie was last.

Raerae, it's true the kitties go through every moment with you and can last longer than any relationship! That's because they are so loyal.

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate your concern.

Hugs to you all,
Devastated
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((((((((((Devastated))))))))))))))

I hope each day becomes easier for you. I so much like what Joi said about an baby wanting a kitty in heaven.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dev. I'm so sorry for you loss of your kitty. We too loss our 17 yr old cat the same way. She adopted us. Walked in the yard one day and stayed! She traveled every year to Florida and back. Great traveler. Put up with my cockatiel and our dog. She died in my lap one evening here in Mich. and we buried her in her favorate sunning spot. Still miss her. I don't think that you ever get over your pets. They are each different and hold a spot in your heart. The Rainbow Bridge site lets you list your pet also. All my are there. Bless you.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just one more thing to share about losing a pet. When my beloved cat, Ziggy Stardust, died from being poisoned (our neighbour let his radiator fluid out in the street, this was back in the 80's), I dreamed about him off and on for YEARS. I even "saw" him out of the corner of my eye, running around the corner into another room etc. for a little bit after he died (and NO i wasn't on drugs!!). I had other pets, but he was real special to me.
((((((Dev))))))
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh Dev... please accept my heartfelt condlences on the loss of your friend.

((hugs))
Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((((((((((((Dev)))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so very sorry for your loss, sweetie.
Thinking of you with love and prayers,
Linda

Cat Poem

They will not go quietly,
the cats who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.

Old habits still make us think
we hear a meow at the door.
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.

Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.

And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them. . . and always will.

- Linda Barnes
Old 07-13-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

((((((Dear Dev)))))) I am so sorry I missed your post until now. Take comfort in knowing how much your Rosie was loved and cared for, how special her life was with you and Mr. Dev. I'm sure no kitty (besides Toby) ever had a better mom and dad. Sending you much love and many hugs. I'm really sorry for your loss.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:15 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

What Can I Say

Except thank you all for your kind words and for sharing your stories with me.

Today my son called and I told him about Rosie. He was sad too. He loved Rosie a lot.

I've been going around the house today and expecting to see her everywhere. Even Gino is crying for her. Last night he slept in the spot where he last saw her. I wonder what is going on in his mind??

Once again, thank you all for being so kind. We all know Rosie by now is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge. How sweet is that??

Hugs, Devastated