One Phone Call

Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Phone Call

One Phone Call is really all that it takes...just to say I am here! Is that so hard?
I was so amazed and stress free...my oldest tonight leaves me a message...Hi Mom..I will not be home tonight, I am staying the night at so and so's place...Thank you son! Just let me know is all I ask...he is the 18year old...thank you, thank you, thank you...

What this message did for me was give me some respect and peace to go to sleep for the night...

Lastnight was horrible, my youngest 16 did not come home until 4 in the morning, I had no clue where he was, tried calling his cell at 3 with no answer...I think at 4 I went to sleep and had to be up for 6...he was in bed at that time....2 hours sleep not good and the worry inside of to where he is???

He has been good for the last couple of weeks since I called the police, might have been one of the best things that I did...but time will tell. This last past weekend he cleaned up the sundeck and went to the dump...plus a message to tell me where he is...

Really if are addicts just called to say where they where I think that it would relieve some of the worry of the night...for me I can't say just how many times I heard sirens and thought the worst of the worst...

Just one call is all that it takes....is that so hard?

Rose
Old 07-11-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Gee Rose, you reminded me of nearly 7 years ago. My son did this and I worried myself absolutely sick. The same, police sirens, anything with a siren and Id be driving up and down the street looking for him. It really isnt funny is it. The stress and all we need to know is that they are ok.
Does your son have keys to get in? Sounds like he needs some consequences. Seven years ago I wasnt able to text or call my son on a mobile, cos we didnt have one. I decided to take his keys away and made a rule that if he wasnt home by a specific time, he couldnt get in. One night he slept in the car, until he decided it was too cold and uncomfortable. One night he was banging on the door, I thought he was going to knock it down. He ended up staying at a mates place and called me all the names under the sun. Bad luck I said, thats my rules. Eventually, he would tell me when he was coming home and give or take on a hour he was. So I met him half way there.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

even one phone call is to much for them.((((rose)))
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

Rose - I think I shared this before, but your post reminds me...

My first real boundary with my addicted 17 year old daughter was the night I took the phone off the hook. Those 2 hours of sleep nights were making it very difficult for me to continue to get to work and earn the paycheck we so desperately need. I was sacrificing a LOT, just by sitting up worrying about her.

So I took the phone off the hook (that beeping noise stops after about 90 seconds). And.....

... I slept like a baby. Probably for the first time in months. It was such a relief. I started just praying for God to hold her and walk with her... then I would slip the phone off the hook, turn over and go to sleep.

I wish you well.

((hugs))
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

they can't be concerned with other's feelings - they don't even feel their OWN. blessings, k
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats all I ever asked of my husband too, but it was too much for him, funny h'd cal at 3 and say he was on his way home and never come
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

****{Rose}}}}
I hope you can sleep well tonight. You've made such great progress with how you handle your sons. Hopefully the actions of the oldest will rub off on his brother
Old 07-11-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know, it's was the respect thing that always got me. That was one of the hardest parts for me was just the extreme lack of respect for me and my feelings. I just couldn't understand why anyone could treat someone that they claimed to love dearly with such little respect. I know now it had nothing to do with me, but then I really struggled with that.