A Penny for Your Thoughts #18

Old 07-10-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

A Penny for Your Thoughts #18

I don't know where everyone is, but..............here we go again. We definitely talk too much.

This is for anyone who wants to say what's on their minds. Who's first?? LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh cinder. . .how terrible, I looked it up and found the news story on *****. . .here's the link. . .
http://news.*****.com/s/ap/20070710/...epsgd7ornMWM0F
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My prayers go out to those families. Life is precious and can be taken away in a heart beat. It's a shame it takes a trajedy like that to show us we need to live life to the fullest.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really! I'm the same way, I try to be grateful for my blessings and stuff, but I can get soooooo frickin caught up in the bitchin and whinin about what ain't goin my way! An old sponsor of mine told me one time. . ."Well now are we banging on our high chair tray?" Made so much sense to me. But then I get confused in the part especially in relationships where I should stick up for myself and stick to my boundaries and is it that or am I being selfish self centered and unreasonable and not willing to compromise? It all just makes my head hurt!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We handle deaths from small plane crashes every day and see graphic exhibits, but since these are names Ive heard my whole life this one gives me an eary feeling.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: gif
talking_too_much.gif (30.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cute!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The mods have to do it...........LOL Focus PT.........

I was thinking about you this morning. Are you feeling any better?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He was a really good plastic surgeon and nice guy too, we've used him as an expert in several cases through the years.

Also we regularly represent ISC in things like this, so Im sure we will see this case here in this office in the future. My good friend works in legal department at ISC, so Im waiting to here all the buzz.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I my experience, the soreness is there days after the bruising is gone
Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Anyone have tips and advice on cutting the power bill? Mine was $183.00 just got it in the mail. ANd I keep ac turned up to 80. Other ways to cut costs anyone?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just keep ceiling fans going to help circulate the cooled air, keep filters clean, turn everything off when not using it. But then I have gas cook stove, gas water heater and a gas dryer too. I try not to run dishwasher until it's full and don't wash little tiny loads of clothes, TV's pull alot of electricity I heard. How about averaged billing in your area? I did that the first year I had this central air unit in my house, bill was the same every month and then the last month there's a little more added on. Worth checking into???
Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

They said average is what it was this month, but Ive lived in the house since January and normally kept bill closer to 117.00. I read on the power companys site keeping a computer on 24/7 accounted for like $20 a month, so Im gonna start shutting mine off. I do that with dishwasher and washer also. I just gotta keep trying I guess
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

With it staying light out later, don't use your dryer. hang your laundry outside if you can. i saved $50 one month just not running my clothes dryer. Also ....the hot water heater. You can turn it down some. They have timers too for the water heater so it only heats up at a certain time of day.........like whenever you all take showers. That will cut down your bill a lot!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ry to limit the # of times the fridge is opened and closed. use a cooler and ice for drinks instead...like bottled water or juice....
Hadnt thought of that one, but with little guys I bet that does add up. I used to keep water heater turned off during the day, maybe I can try that again as well. Im also trying to cut water a bit, because a few months it was 55.00 and this month it was $66. Every little bit counts.

We leave bathroom light on all night for boys scared of the dark, bet a night light might shave another $5 off the bill? A few of teh days last month AH was there and that makes an AC struggle, so Im guessing $20 of the increase was from that
Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Is the hot water heater timer easy to install? Kids take cool showers and I only shower, usually , in the am, and I only use cool water in washer.

My turtle lights are high wattage on 14 hours a day. If I had a timer wherein they were only on 10 hours a day do you think that would add up?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i've never HAD an air conditioner,

You're my hero. OMG.......I would die without air conditioning. I'm such a puss!!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The electric company wants to base flat rate on what 3 college guys spent as previous owners, so thats not reasonable right now.
Im gonna try all mentioned and my grandfather said to cover skylights June through October, cause too much heat comes through them those months. Yesterady was first day to new billing cycle so Ill try all these things in the even hotter month a head and share the amount
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh, me too, but you know what . . .my abf is a HUGE puss, whines all the time about how hot he is and tired and working and waaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa. Guys are always acting like they're all that and so macho, but let 'em get sick or "hot". lol Just thought I'd throw that in. And cinder. . .I posted about agencies that may help with utilities and don't know what happened to it, it disappeared??? I had some assistance with one of my utilities for a while after having the 3 yr old, ha 3 yrs ago. Single parenting, part time working, you know I qualified for all sorts of stuff then, no child support on and on, but not now, still no child support but now at least I have a really good job
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I think the water heater runs all the time though. I used to shut it off until 30 minutes before I used at my old house in tight times, maybe Ill try that and hopefully not end up with a cold shower.

I was surprised to read about the computer being on, but it makes sense and they say ceiling fans on all the time use $7 a month each