A Penny for Your Thoughts #18

Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Teke, one when I quit smoking I got really emotional. I think cigarettes stuffed my emotion inside, because when I quit I would just cry for no reason sometimes and also I would become very angry. I used the nicotine gum when I was jonesing real bad. It kind of tastes like a cigarette, so that helped.

Unfortunatly I started again after 6 weeks..
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

YES and ulcer is stress related.

Also, if you think with the nicotine patch you can continue not smoking, then yes try it. Cigareetes are a drug and you are withdrawing, alot of your feelings are intensified because of this. ANother option is mint gum.

Maybe try not tho think of your AH just keep taking babysteps, tahts the only way I can manage it. BTW, the woman who told me consider the beginning is your age and recently divorced from an alcoholic.

Another quick story, one of my bestest friends is 62. 3 years ago her husband died, only recently did I find out he was NOT a nice man. Regardless of this last summer when not looking she met a great guy, he was younger, but it didnt matter, they hit it off great and were married in January. SHe said this is the happiest part of her life, and 2 weeks before they met she had told me she thought she'd be alone forever.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Never, Loves, Live where are you guys?
I hope all is well
Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm not in a good place in my head right now guys. I have to make a decision soon as to wtf I'm going to do. If I go back to Texas I'm with Noah and that makes me happy. If I stay here I'm with my kids and grandbaby and that makes me happy.

I feel like God has played a mean trick on me............meeting a wonderful man I could potentially see spending the rest of my life with.........but he lives in Texas!! Then my daughter has a baby and she's here in Florida.

Noah isn't going to wait forever and I can't blame him. It's not fair. I'm so confused and I know I can't have it all. I've been with a few men and Noah treats me better and cares for me so much more than anyone else ever has. He treats me like his equal.........he's so great!! If I lose him, I'm afraid I may never find that again.............but if I leave I miss out on seeing my grandbaby's first steps, hearing his first words.

I've come to the conclusion that no one should listen to any advice I give because its obvious I don't know what in the hell I'm talking about. I pitty anyone who wants to be like me because my life sucks!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I still wanna be like you Loves.

Its a hard decision, cant you keep going back and forth? Sorry Im no help
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sure you are Cindi........just being here helps. I'm having one of those very rare moments when I don't want to be alone with my thoughts. I haven't cried in some time now, but I feel a good one coming on.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sounds just like what i had and they gave me pills also.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh!! Then my mother.........grrrrrrrr.........I try to talk to her about how I'm feeling and she says "You'll leave your kids behind" Like thats something I do on a regular basis!! She hurt me so much..........I know I shouldn't let her, but it's hard. She's still my mom.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Loves,

Decisions, Decisions, sometimes I hate to make them. It's just easier to sit on the fence and pretend I am happy.

For me, I have learned that I already know the answer, it is buried deep down inside me, I just won't allow it to come to the surface, so I bounce back n' forth in the arena of indecision.

Eventually, I have to do something, and I do, never knowing the outcome, unfortunatly, I have to face that when it surfaces.

I know, I am as helpful as t*ts on a bull, just can't come up with anything else to say, except have a good cry.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post

It's just easier to sit on the fence and pretend I am happy.
Yep........that's me Dolly...sitting on a fence......only it feels like I'm sitting on a barbed wire fence and either way I jump down from I'm going to get cut.

Does anyone know the nice guy to girl ratio?? It's not pretty.......at least where I come from.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
President

I just got home a little while ago! GOT MY PAYCHECK!!!! Put it in the bank.... I'm sure they're going to hold it... which would really, really, really suck!!! I'm awfulizing... nope, I'm being realistic!!!!

Went to this pain in the butt meeting tonight. Long story, but the team fell apart and they wanted me to take it over. I refused and told them to get someone else. The new person comes in, and it's all just a mess and she's being lazy about the work. Then, tries to blame it on me at the meeting, like this was my doing. Oh HE11 NO!!!! You're all on your own on this one! I told her what to do, it was up to her to actually do it! She's just completely obnoxious and I don't want to have to deal with it! Ugh! Nevermind that it was a one hour meeting that lasted two and a half hours!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh loves, i'm so sorry, i can imagine how much painful and confusing it must be wishing that you could have it both ways. i don't have much in the way of advice either, i feel like you right now, i don't have very much to offer someone else right now, seems like i'm the most needy person around the board right now. i feel embarrased to try. what i can and will do is pray that your hp guide you and to help you to know which way that he will have to go. sorry loves, but i'm sure that in the end, you'll make the right decision
Old 07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
President

Cinder - I got a thing in the mail the other day that said unplugging your appliances when you're not using them will save alot on electricity! Just thought I'd share that!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
President

Loves - Make a list of all the reasons you should go to Texas and all the reasons you should stay in Florida! And then rip it up and flip a coin!

I'm useless lately!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
President

Teke - glad to hear you're feeling a little better!!!!

Dolly - I've missed you girl!!! You and the madame! How ya doing???
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
what i can and will do is pray that your hp guide you and to help you to know which way that he will have to go. sorry loves, but i'm sure that in the end, you'll make the right decision

Thank you Teke.....you made me cry lol........I've been doing a lot of praying myself.....and trying to sit back and let the answer come to me.......but I know in my heart it will be my decision to make.

This has been keeping me up at night. I try and let it go.........God knows I try....but my head just spins all night.

Don't ever be embarrassed Teke. And trust me.........you're not the most neediest person on board lol. Every now and then we need someone to reach out to........just to vent to.......someone to just listen and be there. I try and keep a lot of my stuff inside and it's killing me.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks never, now its time to get busy learning how to have a better life
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nevergivingup View Post
Went to this pain in the butt meeting tonight. Long story, but the team fell apart and they wanted me to take it over. I refused and told them to get someone else. The new person comes in, and it's all just a mess and she's being lazy about the work. Then, tries to blame it on me at the meeting, like this was my doing. Oh HE11 NO!!!! You're all on your own on this one! I told her what to do, it was up to her to actually do it! She's just completely obnoxious and I don't want to have to deal with it! Ugh! Nevermind that it was a one hour meeting that lasted two and a half hours!!!!

I'll repeat myself when I tell you, there's no way in heck I would want your job lol.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Never,

I am ok, just been on the stress treadmill, all part of life. Madam is just as spaced out as ever, still bowls every Monday night, had to get a new crystal ball, the last strike she threw with it cracked the thing in half. She was not happy, oh well, tough dingleberries Madam Dolly.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
President

I love Madam Dolly! She cracks me up! LOL!