A Penny for Your Thoughts #18

Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

anvil, you meant like a window ac, not central air, right
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Connie, Ive already been turned down by agencies in my area, we discussed that a few weeks ago, I think before you were on the thread, I make a days pay to much per week for assistance, but if I lost that day, I really couldnt survive. Im in the middle, its okay though, soon my kids wont need aftershool care, soon -3 years-no car payment and life goes on...
...and we are starting to really like eggs, pancakes and beans and rice as dinners.

I will survive. Just before I met AH it had taken me 3 years of struggling to finally have alittle extra each month, and you know what in 3 more years Ill eb back there.

Thanks goodness I can usually get grandpa to help with school supplies and new tennis shoes,a dn kids were gonna miss the Universal Studios field trip but Grand (Grandpa's wife) told them if they wrote her a book report on "Treasure Island" SHe'd pay for it.

Im supposed to ahve a 2 room tent set up in my yard when I get home, for the boys...
...anyone want to go camping? Friday Im gonna get those tiki torches, flashlights and bake cookies and we are going to have a campout (but gotta roast marshmellos over cansle inside due to fire restrictions.)
Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

cind - you are such a cool mom. you really are.
Im trying, I really am. The tent was my grandpa's idea, I was worried it junk the yard look and kill grass and he'd be mad, but he said, it summer their kids, just dont have trash and junk around. So gonna try to make it fun.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Quick Templeton & Fival update.
They are best of friends. When you walk in the kids room they both run to front of cage and stand on their back legs to see if you have treats or are gonna let them out. Getting a friend really helped Templeton to be more social again adn Fival is really cool.
I cant go back to the petstore, cause my sis says the other one left behind is still alone...and I cant have any more, nope, Ill just stay away from there
Old 07-10-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well yall, i when to the doctors, seems like i barely made it through, this is the 3rd doctor that i've seen since i've been out for a follow up, and for some reason, the first thing all three of them said to me is that i was so brave with the surgery that i had, they said that i had been to hell and back, that most people don't make it through, and talk about just how sick i was but i honestly had no idea. so i'm so grateful for that, makes me think about how short life really is.

i guess i'm just gonna have to take it one day at a time and just believe that i can make it to the other side of all of this just because you all say that i will. for now i guess that is gonna have to be where i start.

talked to legal aid again today and i answered so many questions that i didnt' really know how to answer, but tried anyway. they did ask me if i want spousal support and if there were assets to be split, and i explained things just the way that i explained it to all of you. now i have to wait maybe a wk or so for them to review the paperwork to see if they will be willing to represent me.

i maybe thinking too far ahead but i sure do hope i don't have to deal with my ah and him mil trying to take away the few things that i was able to get for myself, i feel like i would probably have to go to jail for burning up my own things, just to keep her and him from taking them from me.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

If they threaten sell the things, temporarily for cheap to one of your adult kids.

I never heard of legal aid deciding to represent you, why do they have to decide?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
grateful rca

cinder, sounds like they have so many people who apply that may have the ability to pay for legal services or maybe they may have to determine whether or not i qualify or something. they found me in their system from about 4 yrs ago. they couldn't locate him to serve him and then he went to prison. i know this is was their procedure back then and they even represented me with my first divorce so i just don't know why, but i think that it also may have something to do with the amount of income, because they are able somehow to wave their fees.

they also told me that if i didnt' qualify that they could still walk me through the paper work. so either way, i think that i'll know something more by next wk. so please keep me in your prayers
Old 07-10-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Here, they send you to a workshop to do paperwork and at final hearing they review the paperwork before hand and go through it with you one last time. I paid $25 for the forms for my first divorce and filled them out myself.

Funny thinking of it now, at the time I was in school for paralegal degree and taking a family law course, so my personal divorce counted as a semester project.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well its still hot but gets dark late so I think Im going to go mow my 10 inch lawn, cause my neighbors had their lawn service today and it makes mine look real bad
Old 07-10-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Live had on aother thread us saying 5 things we look forwar to, I havent figured mine out, except right now.
I look forward to one day ahving someone else mow my yard, whether it be my sons or a paid person, long as its done regularly by someone other than me
Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok, for the first time, i feel like i'm at the end of this relationship and i'm having a bit of a time excepting this. in the past, i always felt that he would sooner or later try to contact me whether i talked to him or not and most of the time, i was able to stick to the no contact rule sometimes for yrs, but that made it a little easier for me, this time feels different and i wished that someone could just tell me that sooner or later he will contact me again, if for nothing more but to come up with some kind of dumb excuse like maybe he need to borrow some toothpaste or forgot his socks.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Teke, Im in the same place, just without the length of history.
Someone told me today, dont look at it like an ending, think of it as a beginning. A beginning of a new life, a great one with no more drama chaos or someone trying to convince you youre crazy.
Its gonna be great Teke for both of us and you deserve the best, time to stop settling.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Teke, an old song just lpayed a verse on my kids cartoon. It made me think of us. Remember when I said we needed to look in the mirror everyday an repeat 10 times I am beautiful? Got a new one:
repeat now:
"Im gonna stand my ground, you can take me to the gates of hell, but I wont back down."
gates of hell,
theyve already taken us there, its time for us to stand up and say ENOUGH
Old 07-10-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i know you're right cinder and i know that it probably don't make much sense, but i right now, i'm thinking more about my age and what can happen with me now. you are so much younger than me and you still have a lot of young yrs left. thats something that i just gave away
Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My grandma is a 73 year old windowed in the last 3 years.
My grandfather was a rageholic.
My grandmother has more of a life now and on social security than she ever has. She also has more friends.
This week she's ona two week crusie to ALaska.
She joined a red hat group of woman and never has a dull moment. Her life is full and complete. You know if you keep thinking about your AH, he will be back for sure, and eventually it'll be the death of you, Ulcers and other stress related problems can kill, and then you lost what could ahve been the best years of your life.

For me honestly I want to be alone until my kids are all adults, and only then do I want to chance letting a man in
Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Think about the fun oyou had going to play pool a few months back?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Teke, I was curious did your fish die while you were gone?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i know that this is not good for me and i know that i want a new kind of life, i think i need a cigerette and i honestly don't want to smoke so i think that because i decided to quit smoking that i maybe having more intense mood swings or bouts of depression. is it possible that my not smoking makes things appear to be worse than they really are? i need some help here and i don't know what kind of help that i'm looking for. i know that if i did go out and buy cigs, that i would regret doing that as soon as i smoked my first one, and i find out that one is not gonna cut it and now i need to smoke the whole pack.

i do have a whole box of those nicotine patches that ah gave me, they were prescribed for him but its the kind that you can buy over the counter i think, do you think that it would be a good idea it i used them, he has already said that i could have them but i'm yet to use them. should i or should i not, thats the question
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
grateful rca

dumb question, is an ulcer stress related? i think i know the answer, but you know, i never really thought too much about my health and i hate to admit that too, i'm just now finding out about the ulcer and now i guess i need to google it to see just what i find
Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi, Teke, My exabf had to go to the hospital because he was in extreme pain. it turned out he had a hole in his stomach, actually it was just past the stomach in his intestine. They told him that it was caused by an ulcer. They said that the ulcer is caused by a bacteria and they gave him pills to kill the bacteria. I wonder if stress plays a role, too.